I've always found it a bit refreshing and disconcerting both speaking with and reading posts in regards to Australians.  The old Finders forum is a good place to cut your teeth on speaking down under ;)  As to how a conversation between an American, Englishman and an Aussie goes.... well been there and its a hoot with or without libations around the camp fire.  Thing is the Pom and the Aussie will leave the Yank out of the convo till he tries to chime in and then they let the Yank have it both barrels.  Solidarity there with the Queen and all I think.  The Yanks best bet is to draw on his own native language and let the Pom and Aussie wonder what the heck he's talking about.

When it comes to a good long cuss I'm still not sure if the Aussie can outdo a Southern Yank but I do know the Pom will be forgotten as to proper  ;)  Though I've run into the Welsh and they are pretty close to unintelligible whether its a cuss or a long yarn.

auminsweeper says it best :

So if one day I happen to say something that sounds a bit off just think about it from 2 angles and somewhere in between is what I mean,

• Like 1

I think that due to the ground rules here it is safe to assume all posts on this forum have good intent. I have not seen a single post by an Aussie here that ever gave me any reason to think otherwise. I thank you all very much for that.

No snakes in Alaska so I am a newbie in snake land. Yet I have not seen a single decent snake wandering in northern Nevada and north east California in the last two years. So no snake guards/gators for me at this point.

• Like 1

run into rattlers on almost a weekly basis..probably because I spend most my time in the low foothills, and they seem to be the most common species, followed by gopher then king snakes. Keep your eyes peeled buddy!

I think that due to the ground rules here it is safe to assume all posts on this forum have good intent. I have not seen a single post by an Aussie here that ever gave me any reason to think otherwise. I thank you all very much for that.

No snakes in Alaska so I am a newbie in snake land. Yet I have not seen a single decent snake wandering in northern Nevada and north east California in the last two years. So no snake guards/gators for me at this point.

I was wondering about Alaska and Snakes, For the past 5 years I have subscribed to the Fairbanks Daily News Miner Ever Since The Early Days of AMD and Every Year I watch The Iditarod and The Yukon Quest,

I suppose it is too cold for Snakes That's Another reason I Love the Place, Going There Is Very High on My Bucket List, I have Even Bought The Cold Weather Gear so I Don't Snuff It,

Due to Life Changing Things I have started to make my Dreams Come True, I just bought a Guitar that I waited 35 years to Own So Happy Days,

run into rattlers on almost a weekly basis..probably because I spend most my time in the low foothills, and they seem to be the most common species, followed by gopher then king snakes. Keep your eyes peeled buddy!

Is That the Arizona King Snake? I think I have seen pictures of them, But The US seems to have a lot more Snakes (Rattlers) And sightings of them seems to be more about how many A Day where as in OZ they are a bit more Sneaky and hide until it's too late,

I've always found it a bit refreshing and disconcerting both speaking with and reading posts in regards to Australians.  The old Finders forum is a good place to cut your teeth on speaking down under ;)  As to how a conversation between an American, Englishman and an Aussie goes.... well been there and its a hoot with or without libations around the camp fire.  Thing is the Pom and the Aussie will leave the Yank out of the convo till he tries to chime in and then they let the Yank have it both barrels.  Solidarity there with the Queen and all I think.  The Yanks best bet is to draw on his own native language and let the Pom and Aussie wonder what the heck he's talking about.

When it comes to a good long cuss I'm still not sure if the Aussie can outdo a Southern Yank but I do know the Pom will be forgotten as to proper  ;)  Though I've run into the Welsh and they are pretty close to unintelligible whether its a cuss or a long yarn.

auminsweeper says it best :

So if one day I happen to say something that sounds a bit off just think about it from 2 angles and somewhere in between is what I mean,

When I hear Aussie's Cuss I laugh because too me it sounds funny, With Poms it doesn't have Any Effect and I just think WHAT NOW, When Americans Cuss it makes me Smile Too because Like us Aussie's they are A Young Country and Their ways have not been Watered Down So we Get To Enjoy Both Barrels, Not that it's the Gentlemanly thing to do, It Just appeals to my very Broad sense of Humour,

But the most Important thing for me is Standing by me Mates and there is no such thing over here, well at Leased Not to the level I know,

I Think Dolly Parton said it Best In the movie Best Little Whorehouse In Texas,

She Said,, If You See Someone Without A Smile Give Them Yours,

and that's about as good as it Gets.

john

California King, are they a python? We have one here in OZ, we call a carpet snake that look a little similar and they eat other snakes too. Old folklore is if you have them around you will not have any venomous snakes, often have them in the shed when there is a few rats around.

• Like 1

California King, are they a python. We have one here in OZ, we call a carpet snake that look a little similar and they eat other snakes too. Old folklore is if you have them around you will not have any venomous snakes, often have them in the shed when there is a few rats around.

Yeah we have a few around the farm in OZ, I have seen some Monster carpet snakes Too

They are a constrictor, like the carpet python. Hey man, you know they sell carpet pythons here in America as pets, for hundreds of dollars.

Be Warned because they say they grow to about 12 foot, But they don't,, I have seen them with their head in the bush on one side of the road and their tail was still coming out of the bush on the other side and they can be as fat as your Leg, and if they bite you, You can come up in a rash in the same spot for the next 7 years, I don't know why but so the story goes.