Staying Within The Same Metal Detector Ecosystem

Learning VDI machine brand to brand is more learning the features but going from a VDI to audio only analog is much different and takes some practice. Neither are difficult.

I think much of the brand loyalty is from customer success in the field which is more likely luck of being in the right spot at the time more so than the machine being used.

This weekend my buddy swears by his whites and left the field we were hitting and not 10 feet from where he left off I picked up the 43 quarter. It wasn't his MX Sport or my Tejon but the fact that he didn't swing there. Of course I didn't tell him where I picked the coin up because that would end in some sort of heated argument hehe

1 hour ago, EL NINO77 said:

Steve's analogy to the Metal Detector with Automotive I like very much ..., ... and is more than apt ..., What are the expectations of your future detector? , include the weight of the detector and its price .....

Are you asking me?

Yes...

I don't know about weight, but perhaps something under 3.5 pounds? I'd be willing to deal with a heavier device if it did more. I would also like it to be able to run off of AA batteries (alkaline, NiMH and lithium primaries). Other than that, I'd want it to be a general purpose type, so something along the lines of the CTX 3030 or Equinox 800.

As for price, that will depend on how involved I am with the hobby and how much money I was able to make with my F2. So if I had the money, I'd get the CTX 3030. If I didn't, I'd get an Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F75+ or something along those lines. I don't see myself getting any of those, though. My next device will probably be purchased 2+ years from now and I figure what I just listed will be discontinued or replaced with newer equivalent models.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2019 at 4:53 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

It’s more like driving a car me. They are all different but I can rent anything and drive off the lot without crashing. :smile: The fact many people own multiple brands with no issue pretty much proves the point.

Sticking with one brand is in my opinion counterproductive to being a successful detectorist. Any brand can come out with a new machine that’s better than what’s out there. People who limit themselves to one brand automatically limit their options. I can’t imagine limiting myself to one brand.

As a marketer I always chuckled at brand loyalty. As if the brands are loyal back. They just want to be your “friend” while slipping your wallet out of your pocket! :laugh:

As a very brand loyal dealer,... I can honestly say,... we’re brand loyal because we get the biggest discount when we buy from the same brands.

One Brand we sell often communicates in their adverts:”The number One brand in the World”

That may be,... but you’ve got to Earn It Every Day. And then the hard work begins ?

• Like 2

On 3/23/2019 at 8:55 PM, phrunt said:

True tone based detectors like the Tesoro's with no display screen are more something if you learnt you'd find it hard to give up on, people who learn them truly seem to love them.  Your F2 isn't like that and the transition to another detector wouldn't be hard at all.

That’s why I loved the Sovereign GT so much!