Hi there,  I am hunting for nuggets in Australia, I've been detecting for over 20 years.  Now I'm thinking about buying a Nexus standard MP detector,  Does anybody out there have experience with this detector?  I would love to hear their opinions.  THank you in advance,  Cheers,  Hermann.

17 minutes ago, hermann said:

Hi there,  I am hunting for nuggets in Australia, I've been detecting for over 20 years.  Now I'm thinking about buying a Nexus standard MP detector,  Does anybody out there have experience with this detector?  I would love to hear their opinions.  THank you in advance,  Cheers,  Hermann.

We had a forum member Andy2640 buy one but he's since gone AWOL, hopefully someone else has some info on them for you.

1380.jpg

2528.jpg

They do claim they handle extreme mineral conditions, I'd be very surprised if they'd suit nugget hunting in Australia but those big coil options they have a pretty amazing ?

http://www.nexusdetectors.com/nexusstandardmp.html

According to their website the best option would be The Silver Scout (SS) concentric search coils.  They are tuned at 24kHz are designed specifically with Nexus Standard MP. They are best suited for search in Iron infested fields and beach detecting of small gold and silver targets.

• Like 3

Hey Hermann

As they are an IB (induction balance) detector, I'd be very surprised if they perform as well as a PI machine in our soils. 

As per their blurb

Outperforms others in extreme mineral conditions. Exceeds the capability of other induction balance metal detectors

No mention of performance compared to other types of detector.

regards Pat

• Like 4

I have great faith in prospectors sniffing out and trying ANYTHING that might get the job done. The cream floats to the top and the rest sink. I would recommend sticking with tried and true proven models for Australia, unless you have money to spend being that guy that likes to try anything. There are very many successful Australian prospectors on this forum and not a one of them is using a Nexus to my knowledge. That's all I really need to know.

• Like 4

I own both a Nexus MP and also a Nexus Standard SE,the MP is the one that has been mentioned so i will mainly comment on that model,i have 3 DD coil and also the 11.5'' 24khz Concentric coil,the Concentric coil has been used i guess a couple of times since i have owned it,i think one can read between the lines here.

Only coil that i use on the Nexus MP and that is also the smallest coil they make ie 8x6 8khz one,once again this combination is only used maybe once every couple of months,again i think one can read between the lines on this one as well.

Have owned my MP nearly 3 years and the SE 4 years,the claims of superb depth on the website and also in the media look spectacular and seduce folks into parting with a substantial amount of money and even a humongous amount of money if you are seduced into buying the Nexus MP with one of the 30'' coils or 40+'' ones,this range of detectors and this is just my personal opinion must have one of the highest churn rates in detector world,folks are seduced into buying them and then after a couple of months sell them on at a substantial loss and i mean   substantial hit that is even if you can sell them.

I am not saying on a open forum they are bad but you may or may not be able too read between the lines in what i am saying here,i wont part with mine as i would hate to take a massive hit,but also saying that i dont use the MP maybe 4 or 5 times a year as well,would i suggest folks spending a huge chunk of money on them and expect a better detector than say the GPX,as has been mentioned the GPX sales must be in the 1000s in Aussie land but maybe just 1 or 2 Nexus machines,also on YouTube the owner of Nexus has just bought out a massive and i mean massive coil for the GPX if i recall its 30'' but also expect a massive price attached on this coil as well.

So this is just my opinion,thoughts and some input on how/what i think of owning a Nexus MP is like,must dust mine off and give it another few hours use sometime this year.

• Like 6

I pretty much made up my mind by doing a google search on it, & seeing that was the same as what Simon has put up, didn't buy or get seduced by the advertised claims at all. Especially for gold nugget detecting. Won't find one hanging up in my detector rack....If you can read between the lines on that....:laugh: Hermann....I think you have your answer. By the way....Welcome to the forum. ?

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

• Like 2

Thank you all for your comments.  I was in contact with the owner of the company in Bulgaria, I decided to keep my GPX 5000 , however I might buy a 20" DD carbon fibre coil that he is going to build soon.    Cheers,  Hermann.

11 hours ago, hermann said:

I decided to keep my GPX 5000 , however I might buy a 20" DD carbon fibre coil that he is going to build soon.   

Hi Hermann.....that my friend.....for gold nugget detecting....was a no brainer. Tried & proven in your neck of the woods. I would even hold off on the 20" coil until it has been put through its paces in your country by some other guinea pig. There are proven coils from your own country in that size range. I would stick to what is known to work in your countries hugely varying soil conditions. If you feel the need to improve the GPX 5000 then fork the money out on a GPZ 7000 rather than "experiment" with the Nexus. You will not regret it. 

One of Sundays finds with the Zed in deeper ground off the edge of that run of exposed schist bedrock.

20190323_150018

20190323_150053

Down a good 200mm/ 8" .59 of a gram

20190323_150645

And a .25 of a gram piece down about 100mm/4"

20190323_155914

The GPZ 7000 is the best of the best for gold nugget detecting. With out a doubt.

20190323_203451

Best of luck out there

JW :smile:

• Like 3

I didn't know you were swinging a GPX 5000 hermann, best not to even consider a IB detector when you have that in OZ soils or any soils for that matter.  The money is best put towards some more coils for your 5000 or an upgrade to a 7000 at some point. 

• Like 2

Hi Hermann.

There is a whole thread here about the 30" carbon fibre concentric coil. http://australianelectronicgoldprospectingforum.com/detector-coils/30'-cc-for-minelab-gpx-gp-sd-and-similar/

You will be able to read the text but not see the links/videos unless you register.  There are many videos of the developer running the coil on a 5000 in his home country but they are mostly air tests.  

The 30" has apparently just landed in Oz for some testing.  I am not sure if the developer is here or he is getting someone else to test it.  

The 30" is quoted at costing $4800.  I imagine the 20" will be less but possibly not much less. 

I have no opinion either way as to the suitability of this coil in Oz or his detectors.   I am interested in seeing what the 30" coil can do in Oz and if it will be at all suitable.   However, at $4800 it will never be on my purchase list unless of some lottery windfall. 

I would suggest you follow that thread and wait for the outcome of the Oz testing.  

Hope that helps in some way  ?

• Like 3