Care To Share Your 7000 Settings?

Wow!  What a way to revive an old thread.

Thanks Gerry.

• Thanks 1

Here are some settings I was given in Australia.  I got these from the Coiltek Centre near the end of my trip.  It found the targets buried on the test garden with ease.

I used something very close to this for most of my trip.  They are similar to Lunk's settings.  It kept the detector nice and smooth but I guess I could have put up with a little more chatter.  I was interested in big.

IMG_20190523_210204.jpg

• Like 3

I think with reading some of JP's comments and threads I would use the semi-auto with the above settings rather than just auto.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 10:04 AM, mn90403 said:

I think with reading some of JP's comments and threads I would use the semi-auto with the above settings rather than just auto.

Here is how I look at the GPZ-7000 and proper settings.  I have 4 very educated and highly Successful Expert Field Staff members who are accomplished nugget hunters & all find more gold than most owners of the machine, including myself, that makes 5 of us.  Each of us find plenty of gold and do better than most....but we all have a little difference in our Settings.  Which one is right?  Lunk has the most bass-ackwards Settings of any of my staff, but he finds the most pieces.  Spencer seems to find more deeper and larger nuggets than the others of us.  I try to split the difference and go for a "Happy Medium". 

JP's Settings are what gives him confidence and Success is Australia and I would never try to say he is wrong.  His success is proven and he does it for a living.

There is no 1 Setting that is the best for all kind of gold at all depths and all soils.

I'll try JP's settings this fall at Rye Patch and if I feel it gives me an advantage...then you'll certainly see me change.  But it will take much time to test over many undug nuggets of different sizes at different depths and soils to see if there is in fact a better or worse outcome.

Either way, this thread adds flavor, opinions and options for us all to try.

Good luck out there.

• Like 3