Gerry in Idaho

Coiltek Sdc-2300 Video Of New Coil Assembly

Thanks for the video, the process seems pretty easy, It's funny they even provide the screw driver. I would most certainly be buying these if I had an SDC2300.

They seem to be using Rick Fishers (Aussie Gold Hunters) as the front man for these new SDC coils.  He has a very unfortunate surname, so close to that of the competition with their new PI's coming to market soon ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Many Thanks for linking us to that vid Gerry, I, like a lot, am looking forward to the Extreme.

• Like 1

Damn that's pretty slick! And it appears that the unit itself stays waterproof.  Too bad they could not have figured away to have the cable go back up the shaft, seems like it could have.  I'm gonna wait for the waterproof ones.  They gotta eventually be coming :laugh:

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By PG-Prospecting
      So this Saturday im heading back out to the property that produced 4 nuggets with the GPX 4800 last time, using the 11 inch coiltec elite.  
      The area we will be focusing on has mainly been known for producing larger nuggets in excess of 5 grams.  My question is, is there any advantage to use the 11 inch coil vs the 15x12.  
      The 15x12 obviously gets more ground coverage but  would think the two would be about equal on depth to larger nuggets.  The 15x12 is probably less responsive to smaller nuggets compared to the 11 inch.  
      Which would you use on ground that was just clear cut with targets that will generally be on the order of 5 grams or larger?  

Thanks for the help
    • By garikfox
      I was wondering if the aftermarket coils were that much better than the Minelab, i.e Coiltek.
      I'm very hesitant to go Coiltek because the GPX was designed to use only Minelab coils?
      My fear is i don't want to hurt my GPX 5000 in the long term by putting a coil on it that Minelab doesn't like?
      It seems like everyone with a GPX is using a aftermarket coil. I especially like the Coiltek 9" Elite
      I'f you were me would you get a Coiltek coil?
    • By phoenix
      I saw the prototype of the first coil that will be released for the 2300.  10x5"  The tester really likes it and apparently it is dynamite on the jagged bits.   And the main  thing I wanted in these new coils, it is centre mount .  I will probably start using my 2300 a bit more 
    • By phoenix
      Maybe something to think about. Bearing in mind I am probably going to get these new coils for the 23 and 7 myself, people should at least consider, a lot of people are saying something along the lines of "my detector is out of warranty anyway, so I`m not risking anything fitting these new coils", but, it is Minelabs policy to not repair any modified Minelab detector.    I daresay that if you were to send a out of warrenty 2300 or 7000 back to Minelab for repair and Minelab saw you were running a unsanctioned coil, they wont repair the detector.    You could end up with a 4K or 10K detector that all it`s good for is to fill it with concrete and use it as a anchor.
      Like I said, I am probably going to get the coils myself, but I will be doing it with the idea that if either detector fails I will probably have to throw it away, and that`s on me and no one else.
      I have no reason to suspect the coils are going to cause any damage and I wish Coiltek and davsgold nothing but success with these new coils.
    • By calgeologist
      I’m in the market for a new coil for my GPX 5k since the others have seen better days etc. 
      I’ve seen some good reviews regarding the coiltek elite series and had a couple of questions regarding them. 
      I detect in the sierras with pretty mild ground for the most part. The gold ranges in size but, generally under 5 grams and pretty rough/prickly. I know the 5k doesn’t handle that kind of gold as well as say the Zed, but my buddy has one of those. 
      My big question is whether to go with the 14” mono or the 17-11” elliptical. Any advice here would be appreciated as I hope to make this the go to main coil. 
      And if there is another coil I should be considering as well please share your opinion. 
      Thanks!
    • By Gerry in Idaho
      My Order of Coils for the SDC-2300 landed.  I'll be shipping Friday and Saturday.  Let me know which ones you want and be sure to get a Hardware Kit too.
      I look forward to hearing and seeing your Success. 
      Photo is one of my Field Staff and some of the SDC-2300 gold he found with the stock coil.  Just wait until he gets to swing one with the other coils.
      Gerry's Metal Detectors