Gpz Updates

Jin

When you connect the zed up to install updated software does it tell you if you any updates have been previously installed? The machine I just brought has only been used a few times (3 years old) The chap I bought it off didn't know much about prospecting so I'm presuming no updates have been done. 

Pardon my ignorance, but if my zed hasn't had any updates do I have to install them all or just the last update?

The update process just updates to whatever version you want. Each update is a complete version. There is no order.... you can roll back to old versions if you wish.

GPZ 7000 Firmware June 2017 (Second Update GPZ 7000 Firmware June 2017 (20170630).ml3 - Version Information will display 1.10.8-2052) (11.26 MB)

GPZ 7000 Firmware October 2015 (First Update GPZ_7000_UPDATE_IMAGE_20151009.ml3 - Version Information will display 1.2.8-98) (9.69 MB) 

GPZ 7000 Firmware January 2015 (Original Release GPZ_7000_UPDATE_IMAGE_20150130.ml3 - Version Information will display 1.0.8-57) (10.63 MB)

To display the current installed version go to the reset screen and choose the version information option. See the information above.

post-1-0-15760100-1427817982.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Northeast, went and gave it a run today. No gold but dug some pretty deep bits of rubbish. I was up till 2 am downloading some videos and other info on my phone to go over when trying out the zed so got little sleep. Didn't like the pro harness so reverted back to my camel backpack and the hipstick. Connected the bungee and it wouldn't stay in place and the detector was dragging on the ground. Being tired and not thinking straight I thought I must have left a part that holds the tension on the bungee at home. So swung the zed for 5 hours straight with no bungee. My bicep feels like its done 1000 dumbbell curls. Obviously, when I got home I realized my stupid mistake.

The ground in Gippsland wasn't too bad so I ran the zed in General, Normal and sensitivity on 18. Using the steelphase enhancer I switched it over to filter 3 which quietens down noisy settings a lot. I used these settings for about 4 hours and although quite chattery targets stood out.  I got a lead bullet quite deep in some old-timers tailings which got me excited thinking this might be my first zed gold. The last hour I reset and tried high yield, difficult and sensitivity on 9. The machine was nice and quiet but I didn't get any targets with those settings. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jin said:

So swung the zed for 5 hours straight with no bungee.

Initially I always swung it with just with the swing arm and no support. 

Then tried a Hip Stick and didn't think there was much difference...until I went back to no Hip Stick - it was suddenly 3 kilos heavier than it ever was!!  ?

I eventually settled on the bungee attached to the camel back and that was perfect.  And the swing arm - that thing is a real winner for balance and control.  

High Yield/Difficult - I never had confidence in it.  If you can get away with Normal where you are then High Yield/Normal would be beaut.   

Get used to deep targets - hopefully sooner or later 1 or 2 of them are nice bits of yella  ?

• Like 1

Jin, with General / Normal / Sens 18, instead of Filter 3 on your sP01, try High Smoothing on the Zed, and Filter 1. 

• Like 1