New Shoes for Baby & Daddy!

Northern Nevada gravel roads will tell you when your trucks tires are getting to thin! My last trip there, I couldn't plug the thumb size hole and had to trust my old spare for the last couple of days of the hunt and to tow the camper back to NorCal. I also noticed my hunting boots were getting my socks awful dirty and a few little rocks would sneak in as well, as I would boot a possible target. Well we made it home and ready to make some new tracks in the goldfields. Hunt report, after that big storm in the Rye Patch area the ground was hot and stingy with letting go of the gold. But, no skunks in our party of 8...beer was cold at camp for soothing the looks of our pokes and Baby & I, have some new shoes! Until the next hunt,

LuckyLundy

post-397-0-73595000-1431094308_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Nice tires and happy feet, show the gold no mercy now! Just added new shoes on my old steed... Hope the desert gods will be merciful to us now.

post-618-0-27247100-1431133528_thumb.jpg

Piece of mind now with the new tires. You aren't kidding about N. Nevada being tough on tires. When I was there last I had just put new tires on my beast. Drove in to an area and discovered a triangular piece of metal about four inches long sticking out of one of my new skins... irreparable. And we had just got there. Not a place you want to be driving around with no spare! PITA. Congrats on both accounts.

Dean

Rick-  Nice treds. Those are the same ones that I have on my work truck. When I see that 10 mile long dust trail out in the desert  I'll know it was you and be on your heels!

Don't throw away those old boots. Ever since I forgot to bring my boots on that trip to Nevada I now keep a spare set on top of the spare tire that sits under the truck bed.

strick

New tires. If you don't mind, what are the specs on those new tires you folks are using. I spent a little time in N. NV last year and lucked out with no flats on my 6 plys, but thinking about an upgrade.

Looks like 10 ply on the sticker of Lucky's tires.

Hawkeye,

Toyo Open Country A/T II, 10 Ply. Had to spend a few nuggets out of the poke, but the truck rides like a Caddy now! I had the new spare pair of boots from a LA Gear sale a year or more back...much cheaper than new shoes for the truck...lol

Strick,

I forgot my hunting boots once and now have a pair somewhere in my camper...I have plenty of yard mowing old pairs if you need any!

Here is some dinks I found yesterday, Until the next hunt

LuckyLundy

post-397-0-82722500-1431274221_thumb.jpg

• Like 2