Reputable Retailers?

Hey all,

I'm a newbie here, thinking about getting into this hobby. I have no clue who to trust with my business, for purchasing equipment. So far, I haven't seen any links for website sponsors, if this board even has any.

Who do you folks praise when giving them your business?

• Like 1

Don't know where you are from or exactly what you are looking for but http://gerrysdetectors.com in Boise Idaho probably has what you are looking for. Great guy lots of inventory and field training, give him a call and get what you need!

• Like 2

Majority of the dealers sell machines for the same "Low" price as allowed by the manufacturer. I have used different ones and one off ebay that has a regular online store. All treated me well. I would look for who has free shipping and make sure you don't get tagged with a sales tax if your a cheap sob like me.

http://gerrysdetectors.com

Ive got all my detectors from Gerry, and did his feild training in nevada. Very glad i did the training as i was very overwhelmed when i first purchased my gpx, and can honestly say i probally wouldnt have been as succesfull without it. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Trailryder42 said:

Who do you folks praise when giving them your business?

I prefer my local dealer for new detectors. Any trouble with them, any questions, he takes care of it. He is someone I know and have known for years and have complete faith in. I have gotten a couple new detectors from an online dealer, one of them had trouble and it was all down to me. Problems eventually solved by the manufacturer but took weeks, weeks of irritation that my local dealer would have taken care of, and I would not have been paying postage and waiting for response from service people I do not know. Never again with that. Look at prices online, most dealers will match them.

I buy oddball things and used detectors from eBay and other online places, but not new things with a warranty. I have had good luck with eBay and local party sales, but will no longer buy new machines an from online dealer. If you have a local dealer, start with a visit. Costs nothing to talk, and you might find a friend.

Thanks all. I like to ask those in the know on forums like these as opposed to whatever a search engine comes up with.

I'm in the Texas Panhandle. I'm not finding anyone around here that sells equipment. And the 2 local clubs I'm finding may be defunct, as I haven't been able to contact them yet. And given the laws, not looking good for taking up this hobby so far.

I don't belong to a club and use state maps to locate areas to detect on. Double checking with the town once you find possible places to go is a good idea.

Unfortunately it can be tough to  find public parks that are good with digging as there are many twits running around with big spade shovels tearing the places apart.

I'm up in the northeast and much of my detecting is in MA so I use this as a starting point:

http://massgis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/OnePane/basicviewer/index.html?appid=47689963e7bb4007961676ad9fc56ae9

It gives me info and property lines along with property owner if I want try to contact for digging such as farms.

As far as dealers I had used Seriousdetecting.com and Kellyco.com both have treated me well. If I come across a small dealer I would prefer to toss them my green stamps as I like to support the little guy when ever possible. As far as kellyco your best bet is to get on the phone with a sales rep as they answer their emails very slowly compared to Seriousdetecting who contacts back very quickly. As far as pricing both offer free shipping on orders over $100, both have same MFG minimum pricing on most if not all items as do just about the majority of dealers. I think Amazon tends to be pricier on some items mainly because of the JBNMM fees (Jeff Bezo Needs More Money) imposed on the merchants. Ebay is similar in that aspect as well.