Hey all,

I'm a newbie here, thinking about getting into this hobby. I have no clue who to trust with my business, for purchasing equipment. So far, I haven't seen any links for website sponsors, if this board even has any.

Who do you folks praise when giving them your business?

• Like 1

There are a few dealers using this forum, they're all honest good guys and I wouldn't hesitate buying from any of them.  A dodgy dealer around here would quickly be shown the door.  I am sure they'll let you know who they are.  The site doesn't run using sponsors in that way, Steve takes it on himself, that in turn it keeps it very honest with no bias towards any brands or dealers.

Be sure to use a dealer who offers field instructions.   Invaluable information.  If it's not against forum policy, I highly recommend Bill Southern of "Nugget Shooters"

• Like 2

The website and forum is beholden to nobody. Anyone can recommend and link to any dealers they like. Unless you just joined to spam this thread... then I will probably delete you and the link! :laugh:

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 2

Don't know where you are from or exactly what you are looking for but http://gerrysdetectors.com in Boise Idaho probably has what you are looking for. Great guy lots of inventory and field training, give him a call and get what you need!

• Like 2

Majority of the dealers sell machines for the same "Low" price as allowed by the manufacturer. I have used different ones and one off ebay that has a regular online store. All treated me well. I would look for who has free shipping and make sure you don't get tagged with a sales tax if your a cheap sob like me.

http://gerrysdetectors.com

Ive got all my detectors from Gerry, and did his feild training in nevada. Very glad i did the training as i was very overwhelmed when i first purchased my gpx, and can honestly say i probally wouldnt have been as succesfull without it. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Trailryder42 said:

Who do you folks praise when giving them your business?

I prefer my local dealer for new detectors. Any trouble with them, any questions, he takes care of it. He is someone I know and have known for years and have complete faith in. I have gotten a couple new detectors from an online dealer, one of them had trouble and it was all down to me. Problems eventually solved by the manufacturer but took weeks, weeks of irritation that my local dealer would have taken care of, and I would not have been paying postage and waiting for response from service people I do not know. Never again with that. Look at prices online, most dealers will match them.

I buy oddball things and used detectors from eBay and other online places, but not new things with a warranty. I have had good luck with eBay and local party sales, but will no longer buy new machines an from online dealer. If you have a local dealer, start with a visit. Costs nothing to talk, and you might find a friend.

Thanks all. I like to ask those in the know on forums like these as opposed to whatever a search engine comes up with.

I'm in the Texas Panhandle. I'm not finding anyone around here that sells equipment. And the 2 local clubs I'm finding may be defunct, as I haven't been able to contact them yet. And given the laws, not looking good for taking up this hobby so far.