Silly Question, Who Uses a Bungee?

Ive replaced the bungee with a bit thicker marine grade cord.

This attachment point lets the detector hang in the hunt position. Combined with the hipstick's unique ability to track the shoulder movement, it allows for  minimal stretching of the bungee.

When you reach out and stretch a bungee while detecting,  it adds several pounds of pressure. Ive measured this force with a fish scale and was surprised at the amount.

FWIW just the plastic bits that come with Minelabs ProSwing weigh over a pound, the carbon fiber hipstick, a few ounces.

post-168-0-14661500-1432167544_thumb.jpg

post-168-0-11439500-1432167546_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Paul,

Received the hipstick this arvo, will be heading out tomorrow for a few days and use the hipstick. Report back next week on hipstick.

Many Thanks

Vic

• Like 1

Paul,

Received the hipstick this arvo, will be heading out tomorrow for a few days and use the hipstick. Report back next week on hipstick.

Many Thanks

Vic

Wow,   that was quick once i got in touch with Frieda....!

• 2 weeks later...

Have now done enough time with the hipstick to know it is a permanent part of my prospecting, have adapted the midway hookup just under the GPZs screen as per Freds mod, way to go, I should have listened to that young fellow JPs recommendations  way back. "No fool like an old Fool"!!!!!

Thank you Paul your blood should be bottled.

• Like 1

Nice to see another HipStick convert.

It is one of the best possible add-on's for a detector. 

• Like 1

Well all things considered be leaving out for WA tonight.  Hipstick~ in place in OZ, Screen protector installed, handle grip covered with tennis wrap and spares, coil sealed and tape installed that dulls the bong considerably, box cover :) knee brace like Steve works wonders, spare's well.... none because ML don't make them yet but got a line on a CTX battery when I get there, Vehicle~ should be a trooper camper waiting in Perth... rest of my kit well I think its covered.

Partner is asking on coils but told him Nope not yet.  No worries.  Cold and wet hehh.  Fly net ;) Natures balm *flies* yep... Going to be some gold for sure.  Just about there.  All the tips and hints plus some practice/experiments check and check.  Catch you in the flip.  Not sorry to waste some time getting it down and digging down.

Cheers,

DDancer

• Like 1