Silly Question, Who Uses a Bungee?

Ddancer...have a great time!!! Most of the areas I visited in WesternOz and The Northern Territory had very little if any trash...never, ever pass on a signal because it is loud or on the surface...One of Mark Hyde's tours in 2010 produced a 69 oz part sunbaker...I have only found little sunbakers there...you always hope but never know....

hope i am not boring you with things you already know but it might be worthwhile for others...

fred

Have now done enough time with the hipstick to know it is a permanent part of my prospecting, have adapted the midway hookup just under the GPZs screen as per Freds mod, way to go, I should have listened to that young fellow JPs recommendations  way back. "No fool like an old Fool"!!!!!

Thank you Paul your blood should be bottled.

It looks so simple and it is...but it took Chris Porter to make it up..

Probably worth it's weight in gold to all the sore shouldered old timers .......

and even the young bloods who are smart enough enough to use it before they wreck their shoulder!

Enjoy! My pleasure!

paul

• Like 2

Well all things considered be leaving out for WA tonight.  Hipstick~ in place in OZ, Screen protector installed, handle grip covered with tennis wrap and spares, coil sealed and tape installed that dulls the bong considerably, box cover :) knee brace like Steve works wonders, spare's well.... none because ML don't make them yet but got a line on a CTX battery when I get there, Vehicle~ should be a trooper camper waiting in Perth... rest of my kit well I think its covered.

Partner is asking on coils but told him Nope not yet.  No worries.  Cold and wet hehh.  Fly net ;) Natures balm *flies* yep... Going to be some gold for sure.  Just about there.  All the tips and hints plus some practice/experiments check and check.  Catch you in the flip.  Not sorry to waste some time getting it down and digging down.

Cheers,

DDancer

Sounds like a great time upcoming!!!!

Enjoy the journey and the friendships!

paul

The hipstick certainly takes the weight off the shoulder plus with the "midway" hook up takes a lot off the arm and holds the GPZ in detecting position when you take you hand off. You can walk and swing much more naturally.Simple and effective. KISS

DDancer, Freds on the money dig every signal also those quiet ones that null over the centre, ( like a double signal ferrous trash can give) good chance they are deeper stuff. And when the detector warbles a wee investigate. Enjoy downunder.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

This may be a old thread but its relevant to me as i have just bought a new Hipstick off Ebay recently and this weekend is going to be the 1st time using it.

I have a personal invite to go on a roman hoard/artifact site over the weekend,so decided that the big fella outfit will come out to play,this being the new TDI Pro and the 20'' Sierra Grande from Jimmy Sierra,which basically becomes a heavy old beast to swing for any length of time.

I use either a full GPX harness or my preferred option a UK made full harness from  Pro-Tectors,the harness on its own works great on coils sizes upto say 15'' but i find that it tends to pull the harness down on the one side that the bungee is attached to,so not sure what the Hipstick was like or even if it was going to work,but as mentioned above i bought this Hipstick brand new from a private seller including the Docs top model harness and some cable clips that fit on the stem,all for under half price.

Last night i set the full harness that i had before up and added the Hipstick setup,this thing is a joy to use and totally transformed how this heavy rig swings,it does exactly what it says on the tin as they say,and transferred the weight totally off the shoulder to the hip and i can swing the real heavy setup with basically just 2 fingers.

Very pleased with the decision to not only buy the Hipstick new at a very advantageous price but also with a load of additional items as well,this thing is simple to operate and install and does not hamper you in anyway in the ability to swing my 20'' Mono coil,infact i would say its 'possibly' easier to swing than using the stock coil without the hipstick,also have just tried using it with the Minelab 15x12 Commander mono coil on the TDI Pro and that could be swung all day as well.

The Hipstick is a simple design but 'simply fantastic' to use.

• Like 2

Couldn't agree more. Only started using the hipstick with the GPZ recently & it's great especially with the quick release bungy. I always thought they would get in the way when digging etc. but I don't even notice it. Wish I'd got it sooner!

• Like 1

It took JP to get me to use it and this was after i already talked Norvic into one.... i was too hard headed to think i needed it, but after 2 weeks of steady swinging in Oz last month----- i am a believer too--

And it is not just about the weight--- it helped me with coil control and my old high and wide method!

I have had absolutely NO shoulder pain...none, nada ....zero....

This is kinda funny because i am at Chris and Wilma's about every weekend and never used the Hipstick even after watching Chris making them up.. No fool like an old fool i have heard some people say!!!:wink:

• Like 1

Personally I to can attest to the hipstick and a bungee.  Zed arm is another matter all together but the harness in conjunction with the stick is a life saver in a rocky sea in my opinion.  Glad the subject was up again and has the backing. 

Full harness works however it has its limits in both motion and stripping when it comes down to a serious pinch and ya gotta strip.  There are times all I gotta say. Hahh@!

• Like 1