Change Detector Or Not? Mxt Pro, By Deus Or Equinox 800

I wanted advice from all of you.

I have an MXT Pro, and I'm thinking about changing it for something more current and with new technology, "if that's better".
my thought, if you see that it is advisable is to sell my MXT Pro with the dish ultiamte detech 13 "and super 12, and collect some more money and buy the XP Deus or the Equinox 800.

you think it would be worth the change ?, I would use it only for field, since my area in winter is usually wet, and in dry summer. The areas where I detect are low grass grasses, plowed fields, and in summer hard and dry fields, mineralization in some areas is very low and others are quite mineralized, so in these last areas the MXT Pro looks like a cricket when there is a lot of mineralization I go with the dish detech ultimate 13", I have to lower the power a lot.

And if it's worth changing it, (since I do not want to regret it in the change), what detector do you think is better? and because?

thank you.

These are tough question.... it depends on you mostly.... and is best solved by you doing research. I have no experience with the MXT pro but I can vouch that the deus and 800 are excellent detectors. 

Strick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Odin said:

Of those two, which do you think is better?
someone else is encouraged to give their opinion
thank you Strick

"Better" is a hard question. What is  "better" for one person may not be "better" for another person. I've used the MXT but have not used the Deus. I have seen the Deus being used at projects I was on. I have used White's detectors since the early 70's until the earls 2000's, I have used Minelab since. I have the Equinox. I really think you should find some people close to you that have those machines and try each machine out for a bit. But if you really want an opinion, I would say that the Deus would probably sound and respond more similar to your MXT than the Equinox would. To be better, we would have to know what you are looking for, and what type of soil you had, what kind of EMI (interference) you have, etc... Probably you should watch as many You Tube videos as you can that have each of those machines, so you could hear and see how each one works. 

• Like 3

The truth is that the sound of the deus, is like inflating 2 balloons and rubbing them together.?? the sound I like more the equinox

Where I will use it will be only field. Winter, wet earth, summer, hard and dry earth.

Type of soil, low grass, harvested land, dry grass. Some very mineralized sites, and others very few mineralized, some areas there is a lot of oxidized iron.

what I'm looking for are relics, coins, jewels, everything that is old, it would be bronze, silver, copper, gold.

EMI, where we look are many kilometers away, from populated areas, so everything is clean of signals.

the XP Deus has my brother and I see him work, the pity that I do not know anyone who has the equinox 800, the truth is that I decline a little more for the equinox because of the good discrimination, what I'm looking for is that it be deep, but having very good discrimination having is the most important thing.?

• Like 2

Hi,

so, if you hunt in wet conditions the Equinox is fully waterproof......Deus and MXT Pro are not.

You also hunt in changing mineralization. That is what the Equinox was designed for.

You want the most modern features......that would be the Equinox 800.

The XP Deus is an outstanding audio tone metal detector. It is not so great at numerical target ID. If you don't like the XP Deus tones then you might like the Equinox. The Equinox has very good numerical target ID.

I have owned an XP Deus, Equinox 800 and 600 and the easier version of the MXT Pro .......the M6 Matrix. 

I also owned a Whites MX7. The Equinox tones are very close to the MX7 and even the M6.

I still have the Equinox 800 and 600. I sold the others.

Jeff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, a very hard question to answer.

The Deus is an awesome detector for the field and relics. I hunt the beach so I love the Equinox in that environment.

If you love the tones of the Nox then my suggestion is to go for what you love and is more appealing to your ears.

If your brother already uses the Deus, then if you have the Equinox, you guys can check each other’s targets to change things up.

The Equinox is a lot less expensive and the 800 has great resale value so if it wasn’t for you then you could easily sell it for almost what you have into it.

Good Luck Odin!

• Thanks 1