Garrett No " Tone Only " Mode

1 hour ago, Trailryder42 said:

Hey all,

As for the Garrett AT Pro, does anyone else not like the fact that the unit doesn't have a "tone only" mode? Find that it's a deal breaker for you?

Thoughts?

I have noticed. It's not a deal breaker mainly because with gloves and headphones on I barely feel the vibrate anyways. Add a little dirt in the speaker holes and you can't really tell there is a vibrate mode. I do feel it drains the battery more that I would like. I wish it was able to be disabled in some way though.

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

he must mean the Pro Pointer AT, I like the vibrate mode and wouildn't have it any other way.  If in a place with people around I turn the tones off and just use the vibrate, I prefer to not stand out as much as possible.

I assumed he was talking about the pin pointer and he was asking why he could not just use the tone only, as an option. It's not really a dislike of the vibrate mode, just the fact that you can't separate the two unless you only want the vibrate mode. I would love only the tone mode (alone).

I barely notice the vibration after using the AT Propointer for a while now, the only real downside is that it may drain power a little quicker.

No, the lack of a "tone only" mode does not bother me since I would never use it.

I only use vibration mode on my pinpointers, and for models where you can’t shut the speaker off I plug the speaker with glue like in the picture below. I wear headphones anyway and don’t like the pinpointer alerting people around me that I am recovering a target. The best thing I liked about the orange AT Pro Pointer is it let me shut the speaker off instead of plugging it. The F-Pulse also has a “vibrate only” mode that I prefer.

post-1-0-62038000-1420343353.jpg
1.26 ounce nugget found with aid of Garrett Pro Pointer