High Sierras

Headed up to the high sierras on Friday for quick one day recon mission. I wish I could have spent at least 3-4 days up there. Hopfully in the next few weeks that will happen. Beautiful country. The amount of work that the old timers did is amazing. Boulders stacked 15 feet high. And trenches 15 feet deep. What a way to make a living. We have it so easy now a days. Makes you wonder what the gold was like back then. Were there 5 gallon buckets to throw it in?

Got the meet the legendary Klunker finally. Thanks Norm for taking the time to drive up and meet with us and show us where the claims are. Your Bernese Mountain dog is a compliment to your good looks.

strick

post-351-0-37736100-1431301456_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

What a hoot!  Strick was so afraid of bears he brought a professional bear hunter and pure bred, vicious, bear hound with him.

So let's do some math. Five nuggets in about an hour and he intends to spend 4 days there. That's 96 hours X 5 = 480 nuggets! If he adds Lisa to the mix that's several times 480. Those claims will be shot.

S.Scott- We need to do something - Fast.

• Like 1

What a hoot!  Strick was so afraid of bears he brought a professional bear hunter and pure bred, vicious, bear hound with him.

So let's do some math. Five nuggets in about an hour and he intends to spend 4 days there. That's 96 hours X 5 = 480 nuggets! If he adds Lisa to the mix that's several times 480. Those claims will be shot.

S.Scott- We need to do something - Fast.

Norm, I'd be happy with another 5 small ones. On my last trip to Nevada I only managed 5 little ones in 3 days of hunting! BTW The gold in your neck of the woods is much brighter then the stuff from Nevada. Must be the altitude? At any rate your hospitality will not go unnoticed by the gold gods. I think I see a very large nugget in your future :) Thanks again....

strick

You guys are guunna ruin my bad reputation.

Thanks.