Teknetics Minuteman Coil Question And Thoughts

Does anyone know what other coils the Teknetics Minuteman is compatible with?

Got one on the way for use as "Level 1 Investigator/Scout". This is going to be the little dude that I take to any new site first. It will be used to see how trashy an area is and remove any shallow items like clad coins or garbage before bringing in the XP ORX for deeper items. This little detector seems like it should fit the bill nicely for feeling out a place. It's simple enough to be fun, powerful enough to be useful, and cheap enough to be thrown into the vehicle as a workhorse. From all I've read on it and seen the detector appears to be fairly decent at getting things done without a lot of guesswork. Anyone here have one or have used this model before?

teknetics-minuteman-metal-detector.jpg.b

It will work with any Tek Greek Series, F11, F22, F44, the later F5, Gold Bug/Gold Bug Pro/Tek G2/F19 stock coil along with the many aftermarket coils for the same detectors. Personally, the stock 8" coil is hard to beat. It is super easy to pinpoint with the hole in the middle, is very lightweight and will easily go 6" with accurate target ID and will go deeper with good tones. The Minuteman is a totally awesome, no nonsense detector and like the Tek Patriot, is a steal of a deal. 

Jeff

• Like 3

teknetics-search-coils.jpg

From the Minuteman User Guide

5COIL-TEK, 5" DD Round, closed

8COIL-7TEK, 8" Concentric, open*

10COILDD-TEK, 10" DD Ellipse, closed

10COIL-TEK, 10" Concentric, open

11COIL-TEK, 11" DD Ellipse, open

*stock coil

Plus from chart below (click for larger view)...

4COIL-FS, 4” Concentric Round, closed

fisher-teknetics-coicompatibility-chart-2018.jpg
Fisher / Teknetics 2018 Coil Compatibility Chart

• Like 4

Thank you both for the information. Many thanks

Just got this in today after work. Took my time fondling the detector while assembling. I didn't like the way the coil wire met the coil itself, seemed like a weak point to me that would maybe in time be a problem. So I used some temflex where the cable met coil and wrapped it a bit then put some 3M 88 over that. Just made me feel better since there was no strain relief there I made one!

Put a rechargeable battery in and started to study it and run test items under the coil. It rained all day long today so in house testing only. It was a bit odd at first but then something appeared to click and I began to understand. Also found out that in the presence of iron if it runs over a good item it will let out a squeal. If you wiggle the coil you can fish that good item out usually. If you can't totally fish it out the detector will throw either a one way signal that is normal target id or 2 way mixed with high 98-99 ID. That means "check this out, something isn't right in here."

I'm going to be truly looking forward to taking out this little dude for field testing. Interested to see what it can do. The good part is that I won't feel bad about using it hard. For what this detector costs it's amazingly well constructed. Sometimes simple is good, but will it be enough to find things, and how does it stack up against my ORX... we are going to find out!

The Minuteman, Liberator, and Patriot were all introduced under the Teknetics brand name in time for Fathers Day 2017.  Except for cosmetic differences I'm pretty sure all three are repackaged First Texas models.  The Patriot is the same as the Fisher F70.  What are the equivalent FT models of the Minuteman and Liberator?

The minuteman is the same as the EuroTec Pro and the Liberator is a re-badged Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro.

The direct sales arrangement allows them to market the machines at lower prices - the coupon you need can be found under “get coupon” - all the dealers and special representatives are listed by state.  

• Like 2