Detecting Silver in Ontario With Notes On The White's TDI And Garrett Infinium

Steve… thankyou for posting a link to the revised TDI Pro article. I’ve mentioned to you in the past that I was dissatisfied with the original, but finally there was time available to update it along with my other reports. These are stored on the TNET Canada sub-forum for reference. I’m content now that everything reads as they should have initially.

A good portion of the forum discussion recently has centered around a collective interest in the latest Minelab offerings with considerable emphasis on field experience to date. There is little or nothing I can contribute to those discussions, but I’m not about to unnecessarily ‘muddy’ the water with irrelevant chatter about silver hunting. The fact is that the recent ‘Abandoned Trails’ article was an incidental distraction resulting from discussions with hobbyists and friends last autumn. I had very little interest in posting that article anywhere. Usually such run-of-the-mill material gets filed in my prospecting journal and never does see the light of day. The TDI revision was a necessary PITA to finally set the record straight. 

Possibly down the road there will be a more suitable time for introducing a silver-related essay here. Meanwhile permit me to compliment your stewardship of this forum, you’re doing a tremendous job and the forum has attracted some of the foremost people in the hobby to its active membership. It generates some very interesting discussions at a knowledge level that cannot be matched elsewhere.

Jim.

• Like 3

Hello Jim,

Well for what it is worth any posts about hunting silver would not muddy any waters and be most welcome. I prefer the forum stay varied in content. Interest in new detectors simply follows the fact of them being new. Flavor of the week sort of thing. The forum however is about all issues pertaining to prospecting and needs to drift back in that direction.

• Like 1

Steve… thankyou for posting a link to the revised TDI Pro article. I’ve mentioned to you in the past that I was dissatisfied with the original, but finally there was time available to update it along with my other reports. These are stored on the TNET Canada sub-forum for reference. I’m content now that everything reads as they should have initially.

A good portion of the forum discussion recently has centered around a collective interest in the latest Minelab offerings with considerable emphasis on field experience to date. There is little or nothing I can contribute to those discussions, but I’m not about to unnecessarily ‘muddy’ the water with irrelevant chatter about silver hunting. The fact is that the recent ‘Abandoned Trails’ article was an incidental distraction resulting from discussions with hobbyists and friends last autumn. I had very little interest in posting that article anywhere. Usually such run-of-the-mill material gets filed in my prospecting journal and never does see the light of day. The TDI revision was a necessary PITA to finally set the record straight. 

Possibly down the road there will be a more suitable time for introducing a silver-related essay here. Meanwhile permit me to compliment your stewardship of this forum, you’re doing a tremendous job and the forum has attracted some of the foremost people in the hobby to its active membership. It generates some very interesting discussions at a knowledge level that cannot be matched elsewhere.

Jim.

YAHOOOOOOOO, We Got Him Back at Last, A National Treasure,

Steve Lock The Door Don't Let Him Get Away.

Welcome Back Jim,

John

• Like 1

Thankyou Steve, most kind… that firmly settles things in my mind, although it will be awhile. I don't even want to look at a metal detector until the autumn prospecting season begins. Nope, some camping and fly fishing up on the Shield, long forest walks with my binoculars and camera, an invitation to do some sailing off the east coast, and some windsurfing at the cottage is what I’m looking forward to this summer. 

Incidentally, I received a brief message from a mutual friend, ol’ Tailgate Jim. I stayed up late the other night writing him a lengthy letter in reply. He seems well, and in his usual positive frame of mind. Were it possible Steve, I’d immediately wish myself down to the Randsburg General Store to have coffee with Jim and his good friends tomorrow morning. I have several of his books and other notes lining my desktop bookshelf, and contentedly view these volumes with the warmth of genuine friendship. It seems to me that there is a long, long time of waiting for the elusive but real friendships we value most in life, but they invariably prove worthy of our hopes, patience, and understanding. 

Good luck and good hunting when you’re out and about, and all the very best with that fancy new Minelab gold detector. Have a great summer, my thoughts will certainly be with you.  :)

Jim.

• Like 2