Andy Sabisch New Equinox Book

A few points I wanted to make on this topic . . . . .

First, I appreciate the positive feedback that has been posted or sent about the book and happy that it has helped people master the Equinox.  The purpose of the book - as has been the case with my other brand-specific handbooks - has been to share what I and other seasoned detectorists have learned with time in the field with the model(s) covered.  The additional perspective input from others gives the book is what I feel has set them apart from others.  It is hard to put out a book right after a new model is released and claim it covers all the details of how to use it yet there seem to be books that do just that.

Second, while I would love to say that as soon as any changes are made to a specific model that the handbook will be updated and reprinted but since my wife and I are the ones footing the printing costs and we had just ordered a run when the update was announced (gotta love it when that happens), the handbook does not include the software update that was issued by Minelab.  There will always be new ideas, techniques, accessories and yes software updates that come up and releasing a new book every time something changes is not always possible.  We did issue a revised handbook on the XP Deus but timing was such that we could do so and get it reprinted shortly after the release of the latest software update.  So no, the V2.0 software update is not in the book but it does cover 95%+ of what is on the current unit.

Finally, in regards to the link in the handbook that was intended to take you to a "bonus page", we had multiple issues with our internet provider and they kept purging the files making the link useless.  We have corrected that and are in the process of rebuilding it and as an addition to that page's original design we will be adding several "how-to guides" including a Ground Balance primer (that will address the questions regarding ground balancing the Equinox and dispel several false rumors despite some claims that I omitted it from the book as I did not understand it . . . untrue!), what V2.0 offers and how to use it for specific conditions, setting up a "cherry pick" program for different types of hunting and more . . . as we get asked questions, we will add guides to address them.  The link should be working and we will be getting the content back up into the pages as quickly as we can . . . and if anyone has any accessories that they want to share or find photos to share, be sure to stop by and let us know.

Wish I was able to be on all the sites all the time but I am working to get to rhem and answer questions as they arise - feel free to contact me directly if something comes up . . .

Andy Sabsich

• Like 7

• 10 months later...
10 hours ago, sandiwilliams717 said:

Hey Andy. Your first book helped my husband so much. I know our house caught fire mid summer last year and well he lost all his stuff that was in his " man cave " was badly damaged. Since this was the source of the fire. Is there anyway you can kindly send him another one? Or maybe even a signed new copy?

Sandi, I sincerely hope you find the help you need...:unsure:  But it isn't coming from me this time around.  I learned my lesson from the last time you told a version of this sad story and I went out of my way to help.  When it was all said and done and based on other examples of how you operate as documented by your posts on this forum, I ended up just feeling foolish.

• Like 8

Just starting out with an 800 and Andy's book is really helping me to understand the functions of it.  I have the updated 2nd edition, which has information pertinent to the newer firmware updates.  Really a good reference manual, thank you Andy!    

• Like 3