Andy Sabisch New Equinox Book

I wanted to say that if you have the chance to go to one of Andy's XP/Minelab bootcamps it's well worth the cost. I had the pleasure of going to Gettysburg in November 2017 and it was memorable. I found the "neatest" item (wheat penny flattened by a train) and a fired 3 ringer. Andy and his wife do a great job of entertaining you and teaching you at the same time. Good time great people.

• Like 1

You might find me in the book and the CTX book...

In it I explained what has worked for me and that's it. I have been detecting some hard hunted ground with fantastic results with the Equinox using the settings I spoke about.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Daniel Tn said:

Am interested to see whom he tapped for settings and such. It is my opinion that the people that had them the longest, are on this particular forum....

As a proponent of detectorprospector.com, you won't be disappointed with that aspect.  ?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GKman said:

You might find me in the book and the CTX book...

In it I explained what has worked for me and that's it. I have been detecting some hard hunted ground with fantastic results with the Equinox using the settings I spoke about.

I provided a similar contribution.  Just got my published copy and will dig into it this weekend.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 11:10 PM, Skate said:

I wanted to say that if you have the chance to go to one of Andy's XP/Minelab bootcamps it's well worth the cost. I had the pleasure of going to Gettysburg in November 2017 and it was memorable. I found the "neatest" item (wheat penny flattened by a train) and a fired 3 ringer. Andy and his wife do a great job of entertaining you and teaching you at the same time. Good time great people.

Skate- dunno if you remember me but I was helping out Andy as an assistant instructor during that XP bootcamp, glad you found it worth it.

18 hours ago, Daniel Tn said:

I ran across a self proclaimed expert a few days ago on social media. He is one of the YouTubers that actually lives near me and hunts the same areas...so the dirt is similar. He was telling how bad the Equinox does and that it's a terrible over hyped unit and he is extremely disappointed in it.  I called him on it as my experience is the exact opposite of his. As it turns out, he's had it exactly 2 months, but was going on like he knew everything there was to know about it because he has been detecting 25 yrs, knows how to set metal detectors, etc. Turns out he didn't even know how to noise cancel it or GB it.  But yet he was giving advice and his expertise on the machine itself. Lol  Hopefully Andy didn't tap someone like that for the book. Just cause they are popular on social media or YouTube, don't mean they are knowledgeable.. 

Daniel,

I think you know that I gravitate to those that know the detectors I write about and not the ones with the flashiest YouTube videos or the most posts on some forum . . . Social Media is a great tool but when people become self-proclaimed experts and spread bad information, it is a double edged sword.  It is a shame that people pick that information up and get more frustrated than had they left well enough alone.  You will recognize the veterans that I contacted for input in the book and each is well recognized in their are(s) of expertise.

Andy Sabisch

• Like 8