Equinox Vs XP Deus / Orx

18 hours ago, g-man said:

soooooo, you guys that have both Equinox and XP Deus/Orx,  which one has an edge in separation in trashy park-type areas, comparing same type/size coils of course.....

Inquiring minds (and me) want to know this answer. ? I know there's a bunch of variables, but I would love to hear opinions from people who own and hunt with both. I'm currently learning both machines and it's hard to have one in both hands for comparison. ??‍♂️?

• 2 weeks later...

soooooo, you guys that have both Equinox and XP Deus/Orx,  which one has an edge in separation in trashy park-type areas, comparing same type/size coils of course.....

I love playing in the old ghost town iron type of sites out west. Been swing the Xp deus 2014. I preorder the EQ 800. Took  the EQ 800 to all my old iron sites. I think I gave it a fair shake. I put about 200+ hard hours in with the EQ 800 in the iron type sites. About half of that with the 6" coil. The EQ 800 is a awesome machine for sure i love it! For my heavy junk and iron type ghost town/Relic type sites I grab the Xp every time. For more modern junky parks I would grab the EQ 800 first for deep coin shooting. If im hard core jewelry hunting and old park looking for that gold ring ill grab the Xp with the HF coil. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest Tnsharpshooter

I have Deus and Eqx 800.

You mentioned park type areas.  The lowdown.  Modern trash can be identified better generally with Eqx.  Eqx can keep a person off the more odds on favorite lower conductors like foil, etc.

Deus will give high tone on these as they deepen somewhat no matter your settings as long as you don’t get rid of high iD range,  it if you do this you’ll miss higher conductive coins.

You mention coil size equivalency.  Eqx with stock coil can do things Deus with 11” LF coil can’t do (likely more freq  driven).  Have seen this firsthand.  The Hf coils smaller than Eqx stocker.  So for coilmsize equivalency one must have 11” x35 coil.  I have run 9” x35 coil and returned to owner, I have not run 11 incher.

But ID capabilities if like the x35 9” coil lackluster vs Eqx with stocker.  Eqx gives tremendous ID on iron masked targets compared to many detectors.  Multi frequency use seems makes this possible.

Both detectors work.  I love both. Use both.

2 hours ago, Tnsharpshooter said:

I have Deus and Eqx 800.

You mentioned park type areas.  The lowdown.  Modern trash can be identified better generally with Eqx.  Eqx can keep a person off the more odds on favorite lower conductors like foil, etc.

Deus will give high tone on these as they deepen somewhat no matter your settings as long as you don’t get rid of high iD range,  it if you do this you’ll miss higher conductive coins.

You mention coil size equivalency.  Eqx with stock coil can do things Deus with 11” LF coil can’t do (likely more freq  driven).  Have seen this firsthand.  The Hf coils smaller than Eqx stocker.  So for coilmsize equivalency one must have 11” x35 coil.  I have run 9” x35 coil and returned to owner, I have not run 11 incher.

But ID capabilities if like the x35 9” coil lackluster vs Eqx with stocker.  Eqx gives tremendous ID on iron masked targets compared to many detectors.  Multi frequency use seems makes this possible.

Both detectors work.  I love both. Use both.

Thanks guys. I agreeTn, seems like the Nox desciminates better in my hunting scenarios. The ID seems to be much more helpful on the Nox also. The design and weight goes to the XP of course, it's like swinging a feather. I like both machines and I'm still learning each, but I'm leaning more toward the Nox at this point.