Need Good Recipe

I have been very skeptical of the depth performance of the 7000 in general and certainly of the "up to" 40%. I have pretty much kept my opinion on this off of this forum so as not to fuffle any reathers. Had a mining partner dig out 2dwt @ 18". I dug out 8ozt (5.5ozt net) @ 26" + pine needles and duff.

I need a good recipe for boiled crow.

• Like 7

Gee wiz El D you, of all people know how clumsy I am with these damned computer things! It takes me about an hour to get a photo out of my phone and posted. Need a refresher course from ya. I still owe Deathray a better photo of my buckle find.

• Like 2

8 ounces - wow!! I guess that GPZ has paid for itself.

I really wish you had not kept silent with your opinions Norm. It bothers me people are worried about ruffling feathers here. I do not like mindless bashing but well considered criticism is another thing entirely, and I welcome it. I started a whole thread critical of the GPZ at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/725-reasons-not-to-get-a-minelab-gpz-7000/ hoping you would chime in.

I have personally witnessed depths with the GPZ over the GPX far exceeding the "up to 40%" claim. The problem is people keep wanting to interpret "up to" as meaning "always under all conditions". It means "sometimes under some conditions". There are plenty of targets a GPZ will hit no better than a GPX, and in some alkali ground and in certain hot rock areas the GPX is a better choice.

But if anybody hates the GPZ and thinks it sucks, seriously, who cares? Not me. I swear on the internet people get way too much in the "insult my detector, you are insulting me" mode.

My main complaint with the GPZ at the moment is it has me digging deep screamer nuggets that end up being much smaller than they sound. I dug a couple gram nugget over a foot deep recently and would have swore it was going to be a quarter ounce or bigger.

Anyway, good on you for a fantastic find!!!

• Like 2

Klunker, Only recipe for crow I know of is that old one, boil it with a rock until the rock softens, then throw away the crow and eat the rock. :)  But I think that ones been around for a few centuries.

I have the same bitch about the GPZ, get all excited after digging down a bit and up comes a grammer. I have a theory that the field produced by the coil eats away the nugget, ie. the longer you take to retrieve the nugget the smaller it`ll be. :rolleyes:

• Like 5

I have to agree with Steve H. the Z will make you think your over something real good, especially in a deep bedrock crevice, and it turns out to be a couple of dollars worth. I'm not a large nugget snob (well- maybe a little bit) but I'm beginning to think the Z's amazing ability with tiny gold is costing me time that would be better spent covering more acreage. Leave it to me to complain about finding gold.

Nvc. I have that recipe except mine requires a goodly quantity of alcohol- the crow AND the rock are discarded.

• Like 2

I`ll drink to that updated crow recipe.

I'd happily eat crow any time the dessert menu includes gold too clean my palate. Nothing like the sweet after taste of yellow, or so I've heard.

Congrats on your finds!

Happy to hear the z is running sweet

• Like 1