Headphones For Metal Detectors

.... Looks like a set of Nugget Busters will be the choice.

I think you will be really pleased with the performance for sure.

DDMKS; That's a kinda ratty lookin' Toyota but I think some of the folks here might be interested in what it's made out of.

I  won't  tie up this thread with the story behind the cruiser, but here is a link to more info than you probably want :-) http://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/604033-64-re-build.html

Kenny

The Black Widow is a good headphone if you are hard of hearing.

http://www.detectorpro.com/blackwidow.htm

Jim

Hi Jim,

Great to see you posting here and hope it will be often. I know you have a lot to contribute.

I think Black Widows are in my future but they should have called them Mickey Mouses cause that is what you look like when wearing them!

Hi Jim,

Great to see you posting here and hope it will be often. I know you have a lot to contribute.

I think Black Widows are in my future but they should have called them Mickey Mouses cause that is what you look like when wearing them!

Thanks Steve.

They do look like big ears for sure. LOL

I like Black Widows for my old ears, they are the only phones that worked for me without a enhancer on the older Minelabs.

Shasta, the Koss are my favorite as well on my 4500, as I can regulate the volume where I want it with my Gold Screamer. I have good hearing so the dual volume control doesn't make any difference as I have the right and left side on the same setting anyways. It's just one more thing to have to dink with...plus the stock Koss headphones are by far the most comfortable for me.... but I can definitely see the benefit of balancing out the sound with dual volume controls for a person whos hearing is worse in one ear than the other.

I've tried most the others brands mentioned above and don't really notice much difference in them as far as sound quality. The main difference is comfort wearing them all day, but the preference there will just depends on the person i guess.

I switched to nugget busters last year , I like mine also they are pretty quiet.Balance is nice if you want lift one side off of ear and balance to the other, you can still hear targets and listen for snakes with the other ear when there out roaming.

Rick

I bought a Radio Shack rechargeable headphone at one point and it worked fine, as I am sure most wireless headphones would. My CTX 3030 came with a wireless headphone module.

It is one of those great ideas that have not stuck with me. The problem is it is just another thing with a battery. Common scenario is I decide to go detecting, did not charge the wireless headphone module, and am not sure it is fully charged and will not go dead on me. So I grab my regular headphones instead.

I have several sets of headphones which stay plugged into whatever I am currently using. Just grab and go. The headphone cord except in extreme situations (diving into thickets) does not bother me. Bottom line is I find myself just using my regular headphones even with the CTX. I suppose I should make the effort to use the wireless but the word I just used, "effort", is why it is not happening.

What!!

Some one besides me forgets to immediately charge batteries when they return from prospecting!

I have never forgotten my pick, power cord, batteries, coil, lunch, water, peanut butter jar (for nuggets) or had the wrong foot wear on. At least not that I can remember.

I am very dependent on nearly inaudible variances in The threshold tone. I am afraid of loosing that with something that isn't hard wired.