Playing With An Old Goldmaster II, Looking For A Coil(s) Upgrade

that will enhance it's character and performance. Thanks for any help.

The Goldmaster II came with a 6" x 10" concentric coil. This actually is a very good coil for milder ground but you would benefit from a DD coil in more mineralized ground. The new 6" x 10" DD is a good general purpose coil and the smaller 4" x 6" DD is great for nooks and crannies and chasing the smallest nuggets.

post-1-0-08491700-1431802846_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-64967200-1431802849_thumb.jpg

Thanks Steve, I anticipate eventually getting all 3 of the DD coils and staying with the GM series of detectors, just wondering which one to start with.  I'm kinda nerdy in that I still cling to the analog stuff. Also very fond of companies which have a good service department like Whites and Tesoro.

Well, since you already have a 5" x 10" coil, even though it is a concentric, the 4" x 6" DD might be your best bet for getting extended capability.

G'day Steve, Didn't the GM 3 come with A Concentric too ?? also do you know where I can get One, I tried over here but no luck as of yet.

Thanks Mate, John

Hello John,

Yes, Goldmaster II, Goldmaster V/SAT, GM3 and GM 4/B all came with the concentric coil. The 6" x 10" DD was introduced as an optional accessory soon after the GM 4/B was introduced and is the stock coil on the GMT.

Get a concentric coil or the GM3? The only way to get the concentric coil generally is to buy one of the old models like a Goldmaster II as cheap as possible. The GM3 comes up for sale now and then on eBay.

Lots of information on Goldmasters and coils on this website at http://www.detectorprospector.com/gold-prospecting-equipment/whites-electronics-gmt-metal-detector.htm

Thanks a lot Steve, It says it's A Long Scan ?? does that mean it is a DD? or are they Concentric??

Thanks again Steve,, John