Baby Needs New Shoes

Very funny klunker  ?

Bit of light reading here might get you onto something worthwhile. 

I know I have also seen a few of these threads on Prospecting Australia forum and the Olivers boots got lots of recommendations (Australian boots).  

I had some Keen's that were very comfy and water proof but the soft sole on them fell apart pretty quick with the old 'boot scrape' action that detectorists tend to do.  

Currently I just wear Redback elastic sided boots.  Blundstones are similar.  I'm sure there would be an American version.  

• Like 4

My Redheads are still holding up used them  again last weekend...but I'll admit I'm not nearly the gold hunter Klunker is  and he might wear them out fast. Some are saying they come apart at the seams with photos to prove on the Bass Pro link. I would venture to say that prospectors are the ultimate testers of boots as they put on hundreds of miles in rough terrain and have an unusual habit of using their boots as a ground scraping tool.  

strick

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Northeast said:

Currently I just wear Redback elastic sided boots.

WTG, Northeast! My favourite.

Even wear them for my day job - - - :)

• Like 1

Have a quiz at the thread here Phrunt.  Apparently the 45-645's are pretty good.  

Stockists in NZ ?

https://www.oliver.com.au/ranges/at-45-series

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=19333

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

For land detecting I've struggled to find comfortable hiking style shoes with no metal in them, my Nugget Finder EVO on my GPX will detect any metal in my shoes from a good distance and drive me mad so I prefer less comfortable shoes that have no metal in them to save my sanity.

Oliver elastic sided. Been using them for years. The best for sure. No metal, comfortable, light weight, and they handle the old prospecting 'side scrape' without ever having the sole come loose. A pair lasts for years.

• Like 2

Dang! If I had boots like that maybe the ladies would go dancin' with me. Anytime that I see that the cobbler has been replaced by a tube of glue I question the durability of a boot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

Are these the ones I want?

They are what Reg is suggesting and similar to the Redbacks that I wear. 

A few of the PA chaps suggested the lace up 45-645’s that are in the Olivers link above  ?

Looks like they have metal eyelets and the soles are bonded with no stitching which is where most of my boot failures begin

1 hour ago, Andyy said:

the snakes just bounce off

Did I hear someone say SSSNNNAAAAKKKKEEEE!!!!!!! ?