Baby Needs New Shoes

56 minutes ago, klunker said:

Looks like they have metal eyelets and the soles are bonded with no stitching which is where most of my boot failures

Nope ... no metal anywhere (not even the eyelets).  It's nice to know you can walk through cactus and not have them pierce the leather.  Jumping Cholla are all over my neck of the woods... and the gold likes to hide where the others don't walk.

There are other brands of non-metal shoes on this website as well. Search "non metallic".  There are many choices.  I went on the cheaper side with the Avengers.  I kick rocks out of the way all day long, like I am playing rock soccer.  The ceramic toe helps protect the toes.

• Like 1

phrunt, the boots illustrated are the exact ones I wear and swear by. They are the ones you want.

I go through boots faster than toilet paper. Drives me nuts!

Always had a mind to buy a good solid pair of hunting boots and ask a cobbler to change out the eyelets with non metallic ones. Most don’t have any other metal to them. They can be resoled too. I have hunting buddies who have a decade plus on their boots. Anyone with knowledge know if it’s a feasible thing to change the eyelets out?

• 2 years later...

Thanks for your incredible depth of boot/footwear technology klunker,  hanging on to every word you profess to know on the subject. I even enjoy the professional verbiage you use like,  %$#@&, it does not get better than that. Take care. 

• Thanks 1

I know metal eyelets are a contentious issue among many detectorists, I have both a GPZ7000 and a GPX6000 and wear zipsider lace up boots with metal eyelets and don’t have an issue with hearing them (mainly when the coil gets caught up under a fallen log or amongst a clump of grass and I’m in full prospecting mode I have an issue).

I use boots from this company: 

https://www.mongrelboots.com.au/#

for both work (work in a coal mine) and detecting. Tough as nails and comfortable straight out of the box. 

Here's the ones I carry.  Doc's Detecting.  Bates E03188.  99.95 plus shipping.  Great boots. 

Contact me at Docsdetecting@gmail.com.

Any zippered boot that says metal free are NOT METAL FREE!  The zipper pull is metal and will set your detector off just like a metal eyelet.

Doc

BTSM-E03188-041921-F21-000.png

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

These are great shoes that my son and I have. We love wearing them because they are incredibly comfortable and stylish, so they go with any outfit. That's another advantage. They can be compared to the incomparable yeezy sneakers because the walking and running comfort is the same, honestly. I love both brands and nothing else because my experience has shown me a few lessons in which it is worth choosing only high-quality shoes so that my feet do not suffer from pain and chafing in the heel area later.