Why Do Humans Like Gold

• 3 months later...

There are some other threads this could have been added to but I couldn't find them!  haha

Note:  These are the tons of gold held by countries.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-11-29/gold-is-the-new-obsession-for-east-europe-s-nationalist-leaders

Many of the ancient artifacts uncovered are made of gold and are spectacular to see, that is another reason gold is still valued by folks today. Just incredible the craftsmanship on some of the many of the finds around the world, it is still today a beautiful metal right out of the ground. 

I have always like gold because when I have given it to women they liked me very much all night.

Yes I have been married 4 times and want out of this one as she wants to much gold.

On 7/31/2019 at 9:06 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

It’s deeper than that in my opinion. Rick kind of touched on it. Gold captured the imagination of separate cultures around the world, many of which that had no contact with the others. When that person thousands of years ago found that gold nugget, it was obviously different. It was very heavy and it captured the glow of the Sun God... perhaps a piece of the sun fallen from heaven?  . . . . . . . . . 

But mainly I think it’s that glow when held in sunlight and it’s incorruptability. Gold speaks to something in us like no other metal. Gold is magical.

Steve,

I think that pretty much nails it. . . .  gold is magical.   There's a visual appeal there that can capture one's imagination. You can pick up an object made of gold and simply stare at it for the shear beauty. 

Rich -

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1