My Prospecting In Oz With Goldrat

Hello to all i managed to find a bit of time to share my experience and trip in the Goldfields.So here we go:

I managed to escape Melbourne for 3 days as wife was working there and i was doing the driving.Was hot very hot and i understand now why there is time to prospect and time to stay in an air cooled house.

Anyway as a result of a post on the forum i contacted Goldrat (aka Peter) and after some very good chat and instruction we met in Maryborough .The drive from Melbourne for me was epic as :

1)i loved the scenery

2) i get lost very easily (But thanks to Peter instruction and a capricious phone i reached my destination without problem).

So we head up to Talbot for bnb and to pick up a SDC2300 complimentary of my landlord Neil.We then headed to our first spot ,and while Peter was narrating the tales of mountain of gold retrieve from the area i was taking as many pics as possible as this was completely new to me

Peter found the first bit of gold using his faithfull Equinox with the 6".......for the setting ask him .

My bnb road

thumbnail-22.jpeg

SPOT 1 

thumbnail-11.jpeg

Wasn't me!!!!!!!!

thumbnail-8.jpeg

Scoooooore Peter first gold ,he gave it to me lost it in my suitcase.......

thumbnail-12.jpeg

• Like 8

Day 2 and i decided to metal detect with my faulty Xterra 705( was a dodgy gift i guess) which i brought from the UK managed a few bits,which i gave to Neil (bnb owner) to be framed for his collection.No gold for me on day 2 but pellets and the usual gold fields junk.Managed to get lost after heading to Maryborough to refuel and went around for an hour and half in the Australian countryside,managed to spot 30 "roos" in a field and later 1 managed to jump 30 yards from the car but in 2 hops he was gone.

Day 2 started early and metal detecting as a warm up

thumbnail-16.jpeg

Vue from my room

thumbnail-17.jpeg

SDC2300 the heavy beast

thumbnail-19.jpeg

Poser..........

thumbnail-29.jpeg

• Like 5

They all say the first is the hardest nugget to get, but it's the second that is the hardest as the first is mostly just luck. So you have been bitten and it is easy from now on.?‍?