Hit a park that used to be an estate then run by Nuns for many years then turned over to the town as a park. There is approx. 10 acres or so and most of it over grown so I figured I would hit some of the area that has been flattened down by the winter before it grows back in. Surprisingly there is tons of stuff there and doesn't seem to have been detected on. In just a few passes in a small area I found a really old remnants of a button with no marks, handful of pocket change, 18k gold earing .037oz and this old dime in pretty descent shape. New stuff dropped is probably from people sledding down the hill side.

dime.jpg

• Like 4

Nice finds, what state are you in?  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Jeff McClendon
      I hunt almost every day year round for 2 to 3 hours when the weather isn't below 25F or above 100F. It's good exercise, my dog gets to go too, and I get to detect!!!! I change up the pattern sometimes but 90% of the time I am hunting for coins and jewelry with my Equinox 600 with 11" coil  or my Fisher F19 with Detech Ultimate 13" coil. Usually my Nox is in Park 1 or Park 2 discriminating -9 to +4 and my F19 is in disc mode, iron volume 11, tone break at 55, discrimination 35.
      Today, like most days I was concentrating on the pull tab, ring tab/beaver tail, zinc penny range looking for gold jewelry. That's roughly +6 to +23 on the Nox and 50 to 80 on the F19. If I am feeling pretty good I will dig anything in that range. I live in suburban Denver so no shovels, only screwdriver coin popping. It is really hot and dry here at the moment too, so I was only willing to dig shallow surface to 4" targets today so I wouldn't destroy the turf in the park I was going to.
      I was planning to dig lots of pull tabs, ring tabs, beaver tails and zinc pennies. If I dug a nickel,  copper penny, dime or quarter in the mean time: Great! That definitely happened. I skipped over a few pull tabs/ring tabs and dug 41. Dug 11 pennies. So roughly 50 possible gold targets in 1 hour and 30 minutes.
      Amazingly enough before I recovered the 8 gram 14K gold ring ($240 melt value ?) the first thing in the hole was a beaver tail. It was actually on my screw driver - perfect bull's eye. I was  NOT thinking "#$%%^^ another tab! I did what I usually do and rechecked the hole with my handheld pinpointer. The original target ID on my F19 with the Ultimate coil (thank you phrunt for constantly recommending it!) was a really steady 70 to 72 at 2 inches, so I was a little surprised with the beaver tail ring tab. Usually the numbers jump a little more just because of all the varying surfaces on the target when the beaver tail is still attached to the pull ring. So, I wasn't surprised that there was a second target (I was thinking maybe a zinc penny) but I was really happy that my remembering and practicing three important things payed off with a great ring. 
      I don't find gold rings every time I hunt. I do find rings (junk and bling) at least 3 times a week along with earrings, chains, pendants etc. Some are gold or silver, most are bling. I would say that the ratio I experience  between trash and jewelry is about 50 to 1. This hunt was right in line with that ratio.

DIG PULL TABS/BEAVER TAILS
      DIG ZINC PENNIES
      RECHECK THE HOLE FOR OTHER TARGETS
      Jeff

• By PamG
      How can I find gold rings better with my Spectra V3.. if I dug every Target that sounded like a ring or said it was a ring I would dig Millions I'm just confused and would like to narrow it down better does anybody have any pointers
    • By czkidd
      Found my first ring with Eq 800.  Still learning the machine.  Any hints on fresh water hunting?

• By Gerry in Idaho
      Sorry for not being on DP much and giving love to you posters, but my travels have been many.
      Early last week I tried a new park and was able to get the usually handful of common clad coins.  Also was a fair amount of cheaper jewelry (I need to test the diamond ear ring) recovered.  With the amount of coins and jewelry I have a feeling there has to be a couple pieces of gold in the park.  It will take time, but I know I'll succeed at getting the Au.
      Photos of the cheap stuff...which means I am getting closer to the good.
      BTW, this was a 2 1/2 hr hunt.

• By Againstmywill
      Finally had some time to get out. I hit a local football field for two days, about 2 hours each day. I was using the stock coil on the Equinox 800. It was in Park 1, 7 recovery, 50 tone, and ground balanced. The chain, found on day 2,  rang up a solid 17, much like many of the aluminum bits on the field. The clasp is iron, but the rest is .925. At first I thought it was junk because of some rusty looking areas on the chain, but when it was cleaned off at home, a smile came to my face. The first day I dug a hole with a solid 11. Out popped a junk earring. There was something else in the hole according to the pinpointer, so I kept at it. The second target was another earring with what appeared to be silver and maybe diamonds. I tested it at home, and my tester said they were diamonds. However, my local jeweler gave me the bad news that they were not. It was a silver earring though. 

• By The Seeker
      I have been keeping an eye on the weather forecast for the last week and it paid off.  I found one beach with some nice sand movement and I hunted there for five days.  I managed to dig 5 gold, a few silvers and $70.92 in clad. The diamond chips on the two rings are real and all rings are 14k. One of the 14k is plum gold and another is 14kpc (pc= platinum coated). Good luck out there and happy hunting.