Aussie Gold Hunters Is Epic (don't Spoil It By Reading This Thread)

This season Aussie Gold Hunters hits a big one.  If you don't want to know what that means then don't follow this link or read this thread!

https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2019/4/2/airdate-aussie-gold-hunters-strike-it-big-in-new-season

• Like 4

Its been all over the local tv here in the Golden Triangle, it was found just out of Dunolly on the old lead, also called the German diggings, that were extensively worked during the rush years.

image.png.50c186ec6798677101fae7d9e9003958.png

• Like 5

Having an excavator helps. You need to find gold when running expensive equipment.

• Like 6

phrunt, you could have found it with a pointy stick mate. The EXCAVATOR found it. If you like those sort of programs (totally staged) then you are easily entertained. I can't watch them. REALITY TV!!! Yeah, right. Just embarrassing.

• Like 7

I agree it is a big nugget but who is going to pay $200,000 for it ... even Australian?  A market is being made as we speak.

Is it worth processing any of the dirt?  Could they miss something or is it only big, DEEP nuggets?

Mitchel

On 4/4/2019 at 8:28 PM, mn90403 said:

I agree it is a big nugget but who is going to pay $200,000 for it ... even Australian?  A market is being made as we speak.

Is it worth processing any of the dirt?  Could they miss something or is it only big, DEEP nuggets?

Mitchel

Who is going to pay $200,000???

Since its one giant nugget its worth more than its weight as gold, I would hype it up and then auction to the highest bidder and expect $300-$500k, maybe more if its advertised properly...

1 hour ago, Grizz12 said:

Who is going to pay $200,000???

Since its one giant nugget its worth more than its weight as gold, I would hype it up and then auction to the highest bidder and expect $300-$500k, maybe more if its advertised properly...

The market will tell!  Look at other 'big' nuggets and unless they are famous they keep coming back closer and closer to the real gold amount in the nugget.  Someone here must have some historical and facts to show true market.  I have a rare 20oz specimen with 8oz of gold in it and I value it at not much above spot.  Double the spot on the one found on the show and you are still shy of $200,000.

In AUD they`re asking about 45% over spot, but even at that I think they`re drawing a long bow, but best of luck to them, I hope they get it.

Speaking from experience, they will be lucky to get 10% above bullion. America is not the market it used to be, the Chinese seem to be the best buyers these days. Mind you, Perry is a gold buyer, so maybe he has some good contacts up his sleeve.

Good prices have been paid by people wishing to launder black money, however they won't buy gold that has received the publicity that this piece has.

• Like 5