Aussie Gold Hunters Is Epic (don't Spoil It By Reading This Thread)

I was chatting with a detector distributor about the current gold rush in central Africa, and he informed me that nuggets as large as soccer balls have been found, but these don't hit the "nugget collector" market. Rather, big nuggets get cut into smaller pieces to prevent the finder from being robbed and killed, and these cut up pieces are going into the smelter like all other smaller sized nuggets. To them, big nuggets are just bullion, not collectables.

• Like 2

Gold and mineral dealers like Tony Fraser in Bendigo, Brian Lees in Colorado, Wayne Leicht of Kristalle in California and others who attend the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show on a regular basis know the market well. If I found a big nugget I would ask them but would also consider an auction. In the US, Heritage Auction would be a good starting point.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2019 at 2:18 AM, Reg Wilson said:

phrunt, you could have found it with a pointy stick mate. The EXCAVATOR found it. If you like those sort of programs (totally staged) then you are easily entertained. I can't watch them. REALITY TV!!! Yeah, right. Just embarrassing.

Reg,

This link will take you to 20 other possible reality TV shows you don't want to watch!  haha  (Maybe you could get involved with one and control the action.)

https://www.tvovermind.com/ideas-for-additional-gold-rush-spin-offs-for-discovery-channel/ 

At what point is the show making more than the miners?  (That one is not too hard to answer!)  This is the modern day mercantile and hotel in a gold rush boomtown. (Make money off the miners.)

Mitchel

I enjoyed this show much better than the other gold hunting shows.  Problem with Aussie Gold Hunters is I can only find season 1 on Netflix. I haven’t been able to get season 2 or 3.  Very frustrating.  I can buy the DVD’s of the shows if I want to pay $90 for shipping to the US.