Hay guys so I live in nz and I sold my gm1000 and nox 800 to  clear few bills etc great machines found alot small gold with both .. kept my gpx4500 but thinking of getting a whites 24k double coil pack to try out here in nz as my vlf but I am alittle worried as they have been out for few months now but I cant find one video on them on you tube apart from dealers ones or people with dealers . I would of thought by now someone would of did some testing or direct comparisons to gm1000 etc. Also as theres now no whites dealers in nz does anyone know a good one in aus that ships to nz ? I'm hoping with right set up they will be as good as monster on small gold in low to med ground but less prone to coil noise at high sensitivity and advice opinions welcome.

minelab-gold-monster-1000-vs-whites-gold
Minelab Gold Monster 1000 and White's Goldmaster 24K gold nugget detectors

There is some great information on the 24k on this forum:  https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/forum/45-whites-metal-detectors/

I don't own either the GM1000 or the 24k but I have been doing research on both as I plan on getting one this spring.  They are both great machines from what I can see and I don't think a person could go wrong with either one of them.  They both see very small gold, they're both affordable and both come from reputable manufacturers.  I would prefer to get the 24k just because it has an adjustable threshold and I'm not getting any younger nor is my hearing getting any better, but as stated I really don't think you can go wrong with either.

This has been reported on extensively on the forum. Here is a list of threads. Leaving out dealer related threads there is not a lot, I will grant you that. From my perspective they both get the job done with neither machine having a clear edge. The Monster has the simplicity and the 24K the threshold sound and extra adjustments. I believe it is going to be a site specific and operator specific thing as to which machine is preferred as neither clearly blows the other away.

• Like 2

I think the price on the 24k has just gone up in the US so that will no doubt spread to our region pretty quickly.  

I've bought from Lost Treasures in Brisbane before, they're a good dealer that has the 24k in OZ

https://losttreasures.com.au/ 

Remember they'll nab you at the border for import taxes. Almost cheaper to fly there for a holiday and pick it up on the trip ?

12 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I think the price on the 24k has just gone up in the US so that will no doubt spread to our region pretty quickly.  

Thanks Simon, I had not noticed that. The 24K is now the same price as the GMT - $729 with a single coil. Big jump from $599 ($699 dual coil package) and does change the equation. The 24K was $100 less than the Gold Monster when both came with two coils. Now it is $799 Gold Monster with two coils versus $729 Goldmaster 24K with one coil plus $149 for the small accessory coil.

Looks like I need to fix a few of my info pages to reflect the price increase. Or should we say the end of the introductory offer?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Thanks Simon, I had not noticed that. The 24K is now the same price as the GMT - $729 with a single coil. Big jump from $599 ($699 dual coil package) and does change the equation. The 24K was $100 less than the Gold Monster when both came with two coils. Now it is $799 Gold Monster with two coils versus $729 Goldmaster 24K with one coil plus $149 for the small accessory coil.

Looks like I need to fix a few of my info pages to reflect the price increase. Or should we say the end of the introductory offer?

It seems a bad move on their part, The advantage they had was the price.  It doesn't seem to be a popular unit so far, now they punish it's sales even more.  I don't understand why they would make this decision.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AllenJ said:

There is some great information on the 24k on this forum:  https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/forum/45-whites-metal-detectors/

I don't own either the GM1000 or the 24k but I have been doing research on both as I plan on getting one this spring.  They are both great machines from what I can see and I don't think a person could go wrong with either one of them.  They both see very small gold, they're both affordable and both come from reputable manufacturers.  I would prefer to get the 24k just because it has an adjustable threshold and I'm not getting any younger nor is my hearing getting any better, but as stated I really don't think you can go wrong with either.

Hi yes the monster is awsome I had one from day one if release here in nz in low mineralized ground you can run them wide open but down side is the coils are very noisey to knocks at high levels but finds grains of sand gold basickly only downside apart from coil knock noise was lack of functions was great at the start very simple turn on and go ... it's why I'm leaning more towards the 24k this time around 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

This has been reported on extensively on the forum. Here is a list of threads. Leaving out dealer related threads there is not a lot, I will grant you that. From my perspective they both get the job done with neither machine having a clear edge. The Monster has the simplicity and the 24K the threshold sound and extra adjustments. I believe it is going to be a site specific and operator specific thing as to which machine is preferred as neither clearly blows the other away.

Thanks steve yea I've owned the monster from day one being as experianced prospector the main thing I didnt like apart from coil knock noise was the monster just lacked features . I mean it got the job done that's for sure but I like to be able to have full control ove my machine but I'll defanitly look up other posts 

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

It seems a bad move on their part, The advantage they had was the price.  It doesn't seem to be a popular unit so far, now they punish it's sales even more.  I don't understand why they would make this decision.

Yea agree mabe they had to bump the price ve sause they wernt selling the amount they hoped by now so to make money had to increase price .. let's hope it's just a tempary increase defanitly seems odd as you say to increase a not well known or talked about machine . Well talked about by dealers but not that much marketing from general public 

I'm finding people who were early adopters of the Monster talk more about bulb falsing than later buyers.   I am wondering if they fixed it up.  I don't really have the problem with mine.  The monster does have a usb port hidden in the battery compartment that is obviously there for firmware updates, maybe the newer ones have an improved firmware for this problem.

Also, bump falsing can be greatly reduced by having your coil wire well secured, and by making sure you pump the coil until the monster is ground balanced properly.