Got The Anfibio Into Some Iron Today! Wow!

Finally a thaw here had a chance to run this detector in the iron at some old sites. Very impressed with the new coil --makes the machine considerably deeper than even the Impact and Kruzer. Superb audio as well--I can really hear everything in the ground--set at disc zero the heavy iron areas become obvious telling me where to buzz around for masked targets. Or I can just jump it up to 4 or 5 to knock the spikes out. With this detector I can hear anything non-ferrous mixed in really well. The 3 Tone mode is also great--it's speeds up the response to bring up even more signals from these worst sections. Never really felt the need for a pinpointer but with the way this machine gets down into the spikes I will need one now. Really liked the overall performance of this detector and will be out there again heading for the worst sections soon as it warms up a bit. cjc

• Like 2

There's a lot going on with the bias and gain--more tones is too much initially.  Once you understand the iron response though--lot of potential anywhere.  Killed my worst site the other day..a Victorian grove where they worked on cars later on.   Kind of a cleaner, sharper signal than any of the multis--none of this "doodley boop" or bittyness....the Anfibio is raw--but stable.   Feel like it's wide open now --got an 1870 dime there a while back. 

cjc

IMG_3057X.jpg

• Like 2

In looking for silver what I like about this machine is that as you adjust the high tone break there's a nice high tone that comes in initially but then drops out if the signal is below your setting.   So you are still getting stuff in close to iron but can use the coil to tell what's what.  You hear both ranges at once. Gotta get some more practice upping the high tone--pitch and volume.  I know there's going to be a lot of silver this year.  Its also shocking how many good signals are coming out of nowhere at the same sites I'd given up on. 
cjc

IMG_3065.jpg