Anybody Know What's Up With White's Forums?

Haven't been able to get on there for a couple of days. I'm wondering if they stopped having the forums?

Jim

On April 3, from their Facebook page: 

White's Family -- We are currently experiencing an issue with our forums, please be patient and we will have it back up and running shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Happy Hunting!

• Like 6

Thanks for the update!

Jim

As of today if you try and go to their forum through their Tech Support page it says basically the same thing,

We are currently working on this page and will have it back up and running shortly.

Thank you for your patience!

White’s Team

• Like 3

Down for over a week now. That is notable. As a website owner such a thing would be considered a major disaster. I get worried here just over the forum running too slow... an outage is a freak out event. It has the hallmarks of a meltdown with no backups made recently. Google is already delisting it in results. Not good.

White's may not care. The manufacturers by and large have moved on to Facebook as their preferred messaging medium.

Yea, thinking of calling them up and asking what their definition of "Shortly" is lol.

I heard from Steve Howard Monday morning. He said they hoped to have it up this week.

Jim

• Like 3

On 4/16/2019 at 8:45 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Down for over a week now. That is notable. As a website owner such a thing would be considered a major disaster. I get worried here just over the forum running too slow... an outage is a freak out event. It has the hallmarks of a meltdown with no backups made recently. Google is already delisting it in results. Not good.

White's may not care. The manufacturers by and large have moved on to Facebook as their preferred messaging medium.

Facebook is a sorry alternative in my humble opinion.

• Like 2

Findmall and others usually get targeted by hackers to try to get user data such as email, phone#s etc. so if there was a vulnerability then they have locked down all the forums hosted there. One way to find out if it is Whites specific is to see what other forums are hosted by Findmall and see if they are down too. Just my hunch