Anybody Know What's Up With White's Forums?

This has nothing to do with Findmall. It's White's Factory forum...not the Whites forum/forums on Findmall.

Jim

• 5 months later...

Yeah, Steve, it's been down for a few days. They can't seem to keep it running for more than a few months at a time. Must have been another major crash. I hope this time they had the posts backed-up. Last time, they lost everything.

Jim

• Like 2

They should just link to this forum and call it good! :smile: They already do link here, and unlike Findmall and the rest I would not charge them a dime. If traffic warranted I can do the sub forum thing but with subject tags that’s not really needed these days. All it has done at Treasurenet is spread traffic out so much the forums appear dead.

What with all the lost information and down time their own forum may never really recover anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

They should just link to this forum and call it good! :smile: They already do link here, and unlike Findmall and the rest I would not charge them a dime. If traffic warranted I can do the sub forum thing but with subject tags that’s not really needed these days. All it has done at Treasurenet is spread traffic out so much the forums appear dead.

What with all the lost information and down time their own forum may never really recover anyway.

This is my go to detector forum.  I rarely visit others!  Too bad White's doesn't seem to maintain theirs.  In my opinion, anybody that uses active server pages for a website (like White's)  will have issues anyway.  Ha ha.

• Like 1

They like having control over the content, Steve. They don't allow any posts that might make Whites look anything less than perfect...LOL

Jim

• Like 1

There was ("WAS") some really good info there on the "old" forum. But yes, it is/was a true self-aggrandizing site for sure. But may be they got rid of maintaining a dead horse, as this was it the last time. I'm really glad I found Mr. Herschbachs forum and joined.

Best regards