Eqx 800 Brings Home The Bacon Sorta- Story Has A Few Twists

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Guest Tnsharpshooter

A funny story actually.  I arrived at site and was thinking about which detecftor to use first to find a target to compare.  Had Tarsacci mdt 8000, Etrac and Nox with me.  I chose Eqx 800 and took off.  I get this strong signal with 13 in the window.  Said to myself golly this thing sounds like it’s on top of ground.  Went to truck to get pinointer just to see how shallow. .  Garrett propointer pointer hit strong so I moved some of the sprigs of grass and sage around and saw something.  As soon as I layed  eyes on it I knew what it was.  But the ID told me it was not genuine.  I did a small video checking with Etrac.
I have found the genuine Spanish bits on this farm before 4 I think in this general area of 90 acres.  Btw high odds I dug this target not today but a few days ago.  Better to be lucky than good I guess.  This find was unearthed with either Tarsacci or Eqx 800.  Don’t know which one.  Suspect it was colocated with flat button or musket ball and once I found one of those Inwas satisfied.  I may not even have detected either flat button or musketball before but rather this bit.  Go figure.  This happened once before with me on a merc dime nicke scenario.  But I caught on the same day.  Not days later.  Find reads 13 on Nox and 07 conductive on Etrac.  Definitely not silver.  This area has also given up a fake capped bust dime for me detecting found with Nokta Relic detectorand 5” small coil.

Here’s pic of my actual find.
Suspect fake Spanish bit.
2py8j10.jpg

This video here I am putting here so folks can watch.  Notice the back of these fakes.  Key on the letters RE near the rim and the detail below on coins.

• 2 months later...