My Solution To Using A Hipstick And Bungy On The Zed

I tried a couple of methods to balance and hang the detector from my harness and hipstick. These pics show clearly how I did it. Attaching the bottom of Doc's bungy on the right and then bringing the top connector through a d-ring on the left does a few things. This attachment helps eleviate some of the twist that the detector wants to do, it keeps the bungy in line for maximum lift and control, you can turn the detector loose and it won't fall to the ground and it makes swinging the detector very easy on worn-out wrists and elbows. Also, it keeps the bungy up and away from my fairly large hands...comfort and convenience thanks to the Hip-stick, Doc's Bungy and a little modification by me...

fred

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

• Like 7

Having the bungy loose at that pivot point may be a refinement on having the bungee half hitched to that point. Love it KISS. :rolleyes:

The easily adjustable bungee (bungy) that came with the 7000 is the best thing since sliced bread for me.  I can go up or down a slope and adjust it with one hand and not ground the coil.

The easily adjustable bungee (bungy) that came with the 7000 is the best thing since sliced bread for me.  I can go up or down a slope and adjust it with one hand and not ground the coil.

Having never had a harness bungee system to compare, i can't tell you if one is better than the other. I use one J strut on the detector side and don't use the extra chest bracket and also find it easy to adjust and swing with the guide arm attached, I did modify the bungee loop on the free end closing it with heat shrink wrap as suggested on another thread to end using that side by accident when re connecting the bungee to the zed.

I think your mod and the hipstick might turn out whats best for me too, so far its working tops, I`ll definitely know after this season.

Norvic, I mount the hip stick on my harness and set it back to the side a bit...otherwise it will grind on your hipbone...and if mounted on your pants will make them slip down...no one wants to see low-riders on me...

fred

post-77-0-04179900-1432420898_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah I use the harness that came with the GPZ with the hipstick sort of migrating around to the side as yours is. Haven`t spent enough time to get it just right yet, but enough to know bungee-hipstick-underscreen hookup setup is extending the hours I can use the GPZ over just the bungee. It is in the creeks when anything that is hanging off you gets in the road that will sort it all out, that is why the GPZ cable less detecting makes things a lot easier. Trying to get your detector coil away from your pick while digging with cables conx you up was always a bit of a drama. Not much flat stuff in my area, one leg longer than the other sort of arid-rocky country but no where near as steep as a lot of your country.