Spring Has Sprung!!!!

The ground is almost completely thawed in my neck of the Great White North and I managed to get out a couple of times to kick start my second season with the Equinox!!

The sweetest sound in the world has to be when silver rings loud and clear through your headphones and you just know it's gonna be great!!  My very first silver of the year was a 1942 quarter that had to be pried from a clod of frozen dirt while the 1944 dime and 1902 5 cent coin (fishscale or fishie) came out of rather soggy holes. The fishies are quite hard to come by and this one is my first. I have only ever seen two other fishies come out of the ground.

The Equinox 800 is certainly proving it's worth when I detected an absolutely pounded waterfront park and I was rewarded with two of the sweetest coppers around. The large cent almost looks like it was dropped the day it was minted....but we're a long way from the mint. ?

Temps will be well into the double digits (Celsius) tomorrow and I can feel a great year coming on!!!!

All the best to everyone this year!!!!

Duke

1942.jpg

1902Fishie.jpg

19021944.jpg

1914Obv.jpg

1914Rev.jpg

1931Obv.jpg

1931Rev.jpg

• Like 8

Wow, that's what like to see.  I will find Canadian in change but I've dug one but I live in Virginia and that's a long way from your town.

• Like 1

Great finds!  I'm particularly impressed with the conditions of those two early one cent pieces (1914 and 1931).  I found a 1917 Canadian Large Cent last year but it is badly corroded.  I do understand your thrill with the silver coins.  Regardless of date (+mm) and condition, there is something particularly satisfying with finding silver.  Keep up the good work!

• Like 2