Sign in to follow this  
Tnsharpshooter

Head To Head Video- Eqx 800, Tarsacci Mdt-8000, Etrac On Targets In The Wild

Two videos.
I have used the term iron range when talking of Etrac here loosely.  I recommend folks wanting more info if necessary to refer to Etrac User’s Manual and look closely at factory relic program to get a better idea of where ferrous reports in relation to the conductive line perspective wise.
Etrac was run in videos at 50 conductive tones,
Tarsacci sensitivty setting at level 6.
All detectors balanced to actual ground except Etrac, but swept Etrac a little beforehand to insure ground tracking was good.
Most of these targets are I think challenged in one fashion or another.

Enjoy

• Like 2

I commented on your other comparison vid regarding the eTrac and iron and I'll mention it again here.  I'm no expert with the eTrac by any means but the only way I've had good success with the eTrac in iron is to use absolutely no disc and run 2-tone ferrous.  The slight drawback with 2TF is the "break" between high and low tone at the 17 line is fixed on the ferrous side. You can avoid the 17 line "fixed" by trying 4-tone ferrous which breaks the 4 tones into 4 separate break points (I personally haven't used it but it'll allow you pick up some of those higher ferrous #'s deepies that come in above the "fixed" 17 line on 2TF.  2TF/open screen/6" coil is the simplest and best in iron that I have found that works FOR ME when I used to hunt with the eTrac.  Low tone=iron....high tone non-ferrous....high tone "chirp" amongst low tone= possible non-ferrous next to iron.....dig!  One little high tone "chirp" will stop you in your tracks then work the signal from all angles looking for good #'s and some consistency(?) then make final decision.   You'll have to use your screen #'s to help determine whether to dig or not.  Or you could do high tone=dig, low tone=walk.....   LOOSE any/all disc! , on deepies when that eTrac nulls you are S.O.L.   Try it and see if 2TF (NO DISC) works a little better for you?  Not saying the best or better than...but better by eTrac standards???   jmo's

1 hour ago, oneguy said:

I commented on your other comparison vid regarding the eTrac and iron and I'll mention it again here.  I'm no expert with the eTrac by any means but the only way I've had good success with the eTrac in iron is to use absolutely no disc and run 2-tone ferrous.  The slight drawback with 2TF is the "break" between high and low tone at the 17 line is fixed on the ferrous side. You can avoid the 17 line "fixed" by trying 4-tone ferrous which breaks the 4 tones into 4 separate break points (I personally haven't used it but it'll allow you pick up some of those higher ferrous #'s deepies that come in above the "fixed" 17 line on 2TF.  2TF/open screen/6" coil is the simplest and best in iron that I have found that works FOR ME when I used to hunt with the eTrac.  Low tone=iron....high tone non-ferrous....high tone "chirp" amongst low tone= possible non-ferrous next to iron.....dig!  One little high tone "chirp" will stop you in your tracks then work the signal from all angles looking for good #'s and some consistency(?) then make final decision.   You'll have to use your screen #'s to help determine whether to dig or not.  Or you could do high tone=dig, low tone=walk.....   LOOSE any/all disc! , on deepies when that eTrac nulls you are S.O.L.   Try it and see if 2TF (NO DISC) works a little better for you?  Not saying the best or better than...but better by eTrac standards???   jmo's

I’ll try and do some comparisons in the field using your suggestion and running 50 tone conductive with only right side disc out below 27 line.

Try it and see what happens?  I personally don't think the eTrac is the best iron machine out there.  BUT it can be setup to do a pretty fair job in trashy iron sites.  Multi conductive fries my brain after just a few hrs in a real trashy park type site. 2TF is a very easy and effective way to hunt....imo.  Let us know how it goes?  

If it works for you(?) and you're a coin shooter mainly I'll share a disc pattern I use with 2TF for coins (I know I said NO disc and I meant it for your test)…..

Keep us posted and thanks for taking the time to do these tests!!!!!!!

On 4/8/2019 at 12:37 PM, oneguy said:

Try it and see what happens?  I personally don't think the eTrac is the best iron machine out there.  BUT it can be setup to do a pretty fair job in trashy iron sites.  Multi conductive fries my brain after just a few hrs in a real trashy park type site. 2TF is a very easy and effective way to hunt....imo.  Let us know how it goes?  

If it works for you(?) and you're a coin shooter mainly I'll share a disc pattern I use with 2TF for coins (I know I said NO disc and I meant it for your test)…..

Keep us posted and thanks for taking the time to do these tests!!!!!!!

Will try.  If I can find a nonferrous that hits in 50 conductive tones yet it don’t  Report a ferrous number below 31 or 32, I don’t see how 2 tone ferrous will hit.  Even 4 tone ferrous for that matter.  We’ll see. Will try to do on 2 targets (nonferrous) reading high ferrous using 50 conductive tones.  Maybe weather will allow me to do soon.