Sign in to follow this  
PG-Prospecting

Day On The River With The Canoe Dredge

Beautiful day out on the river doing some scouting and testing of new equipment.  Only got to punch one sample hole.  Little too much overburden at about 4 feet.  Got a little color, just need to find more easily worked ground.  

20190407_102622.jpg

20190407_102627.jpg

20190407_102635.jpg

20190407_102934.jpg

20190407_133614.jpg

20190407_133621.jpg

20190407_133634.jpg

20190407_133648.jpg

20190407_133701.jpg

20190407_160318.jpg

20190407_163116.jpg

20190408_085757.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Quite a rig, I'm impressed. Pump is rather high but if it works it must be OK

I agree that it is high, but it had to be that way to be able to raise the sluice high enough for transport on the river.  It still works just have to run a little higher rpms.  Next canoe rig build will be different and it will be closer to the water.  

She is an awesome rig for running shallow rocky rivers that have no boat ramps and only canoe slips.  

Interessing do you have a Motor on da canoe

Cheers

RR

Yep you can see the mud motor in a few of the pictures attached to the stern of the canoe.  Ive tried to use normal boat outboards but the rivers around here are too shallow.  Mud motors are pretty cheap and will operate in about 6 inches of water.  Love them.  

I like it, that looks like a lot of fun nice job.

awesome. 

Great job.....That will get you into some places others can't get to..........

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By phrunt
      These guys do some really good gold dredging videos.  They have a Youtube channel all about it but this is their latest video that they've made after we came out of lockdown in NZ.  The water would be pretty damn cold as lockdown took us towards winter!
      They find some pretty good gold!  You'll see them smashing out the rock with rock hammers to free up nuggets hidden in the rock.  A fair bit to learn from their videos.
    • By Jim_Alaska
      I am posting this here since there are folks on this forum from Arizona. I was wondering if anyone might have information like rules, regulations or possibly links to which agencies regulate and permit suction dredging. I know, there is not much water in AZ,  but there must be places that a person might find gold in streams.
    • By Dean Stone
      Hi all, hope everyone is ready for dredging . I have a 2" Keene dredge, with the hard floats. Dose anyone how much air to put in the floats? Don't want to blow them up, but need them to float good. Any help would be good, I tried to look on line but could not find how much pressure to put in them.  Thanks  Dean
    • By GBE Mandrel Bending
      I have been making Gold dredge nozzles in our business for quite a few years now and we sell them on our website and Ebay.  We make them in 2", 2-1/2", and 3" OD Tube with slip on connections. Plus we give the customer the choice of a classifier or not, welded to the nozzle tip instead of charging extra for a "bolt on" accessory when they should be included. 
      We always have made them with 1-1/2" OD tubing either slip on hose or threaded hose to the water pressure line with a reducer to increase the pressure to the nozzle.
      Are there any people who use 3.5"  or 4" or even 5" nozzles?  If so, what sized water pressure tube do you run for those?  I am thinking about making a bigger product line for our customers and am all ears in your input.
      What would be your best nozzle?  Short and stubby?  with or without side handles?  Different nozzle sizes?  Water inlet tubes?  
      I am also thinking about making them out of 316L stainless for the salt water people's.  
      Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely, Steve Stabler-Owner
      GBE Mandrel Bending Inc.- GBEMANDREL.COM
      We make them with OUR made parts, no someone else's.

• By Bear
      I purchased a newer Keene 6” mini dredge last year with GX270 motors and PHP 500 pumps.  I used it quite a bit last summer but it was all in the old mine cuts that we dredge in.  Not once in a river.  The suction is unbelievable.
      My question does anyone have experience with the bigger motors needing more floats because of the weight?  The motors themselves are 20 lbs more a piece and not to mention all of the weight from the water volume and hoses being bigger.  Keene makes the outriggers with floats for them.  I was going to make something similar uses two 30 gallon poly drums.