Happa54

This Walker Could've Been A Rusted Nail....

Nice find for sure.  The lower then normal ID for that half was probably because it was on edge. 

• Like 2

Hey Cabin....did you get up to the Depot site yet????

OP...Nice Walker...one of my favorites!!!

I had that happen on other detectors and I think the ground conditions have a lot to do with it especially if the moisture content is different than the other times you hit it. I would guess wet conditions and a lot of rust can cause some masking or alter the signal. I tend to listen to the signals more than rely on the vdi though the vdi is handy I think you can hear a trashy signal vs a subtle clean signal and if not sure just dig it anyways. I'm not too proud to pluck a pull tab or 2.

• Like 1

NICE Walker!!  Great job!!!

Steve

Super sweet!

11 hours ago, oneguy said:

Hey Cabin....did you get up to the Depot site yet????

OP...Nice Walker...one of my favorites!!!

Not yet.. What started off as a mild winter in January turned in to record snows in February, so I’m just now starting up again.. Rain and soggy ground is making it tough. Probably be May before I get any serious time in detecting..

Good to see others scoring some silver on the forum.

Bryan

Thanks for chiming in everyone.

Digs that are somewhat out-of-the-box from its norm are worth a post for educational purposes. This was one of them due to its tone, TID and position of coin. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Happa54 said:

Thanks for chiming in everyone.

Digs that are somewhat out-of-the-box from its norm are worth a post for educational purposes. This was one of them due to its tone, TID and position of coin. 

I'd say all of your digs are worth a post if you care to post them!

• Like 1

Very nice save my friend and there are more reasons than most of us realize why certain targets do not read as we would expect.  When you don't know because you never dug it?  You can't learn what you don't find.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By normmcq
      I asked and got permission to hunt an old yard in the older part of town.  I was told that it had been detected several times over the years and a $20.00 gold coin was found there about twenty years ago. I said that technology had gotten better and I would like to try my chances. I was very pleasantly surprised with this coin
    • By Ms.Molewacker
      Weather was just too nice not to camp this weekend here on the Wet side of WA. Off to a older camp ground that once had a apple orchard with a few old trees left. Zillions of pull tabs and can slow, but managed to pull a pile of coins including the 64 and 53 Silver Rosies. The silver came in on the first day, 20 minutes apart.  I don't think I have ever had a 2 silver day, and the nox was pulling deep for our stupid soil. 

Thanks for looking, and HH

• By Dan(NM)
      Just curious how many folks would do this to get a coin?    This was my first attempt to video a live dig, so please forgive the lack of professionalism 🙂  
    • By Walter S. Fowler
      Got out today with the Equinox 800 for a short hunt.  Not a lot of coins, but did find 1944s wheat penny and Malibu Castle & Showboat Fun Center token.   I believe this amusement park was active in the 1970's, 1980's, and 1990's in North Holleywood, Ca.  and closed and then burned to the ground in 1998.   Correct me if I'm wrong. The live round was a PMC .270 Win.  I have no idea how it got to where it was. Used my regular Park 1, recovery speed down to 4, and sensitivity up to 23.  Also, first time out with my Fisher F-Pulse pinpointer which replaces my Garrett (black) Propointer.  The F-Pluse definitely goes about 1 1/2 inches deeper on most coins and has a lot more features than my older pinpointer.  It is much more powerful and does require ground balancing to operate smoothly.  Anyone  have any experience longer term with the Fisher F-Pulse they would want to share? Thanks. 

• By kac
      Found this seated liberty and possibly the remnants of a large cent, could barely see a ghost of something that might have been readable at one point in time..... possibly.
      Also found all the poison sumac they cut down the hard way so I now need to be more cautious searching.

• By MidTN
      Found this magician coin back in the fall of 2018, and wanted to share.  Has a merc dime on one side and a wheat penny on the other. Still learning the MX Sport. Found it near a baseball field so I'm guessing some kid lost his dads coin. Would this qualify as my first silver or half silver?