This Walker Could've Been A Rusted Nail....

Happa54

Nice find for sure.  The lower then normal ID for that half was probably because it was on edge. 

• Like 2

Hey Cabin....did you get up to the Depot site yet????

OP...Nice Walker...one of my favorites!!!

I had that happen on other detectors and I think the ground conditions have a lot to do with it especially if the moisture content is different than the other times you hit it. I would guess wet conditions and a lot of rust can cause some masking or alter the signal. I tend to listen to the signals more than rely on the vdi though the vdi is handy I think you can hear a trashy signal vs a subtle clean signal and if not sure just dig it anyways. I'm not too proud to pluck a pull tab or 2.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oneguy said:

Hey Cabin....did you get up to the Depot site yet????

OP...Nice Walker...one of my favorites!!!

Not yet.. What started off as a mild winter in January turned in to record snows in February, so I’m just now starting up again.. Rain and soggy ground is making it tough. Probably be May before I get any serious time in detecting..

Good to see others scoring some silver on the forum.

Bryan

Thanks for chiming in everyone.

Digs that are somewhat out-of-the-box from its norm are worth a post for educational purposes. This was one of them due to its tone, TID and position of coin. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Happa54 said:

Thanks for chiming in everyone.

Digs that are somewhat out-of-the-box from its norm are worth a post for educational purposes. This was one of them due to its tone, TID and position of coin. 

I'd say all of your digs are worth a post if you care to post them!

• Like 1

Very nice save my friend and there are more reasons than most of us realize why certain targets do not read as we would expect.  When you don't know because you never dug it?  You can't learn what you don't find.

• Like 2