Record Silver Day With The 800

Dan(NM)

Great place, I hope you get more!

• Thanks 1

jackpot! I'm always keeping my eyes open for stuff like that. Here in California they will fence off some of the areas as soon as they start working on it. 

strick

• Thanks 1

Right place at the right time, and you acted upon the opportunity.  Justly rewarded!  Looking forward to seeing these coins cleaned up as well as viewing what you find on your second sweep of that location.

You gotta love that, congrats on finding that!!!

It reminds me of when I found a virgin scout/church camp and me and the guy I hunted with each found ~ 12 silver coins on the first couple of hunts, over the course of a month we dug over 100 silver coins, including four walker half dollars, couple dozen pieces of silver jewelry and sterling silver flatware, one gold ring and some cool relics.  Unfortunately the camp site only started in 1940, but ended in the 1960's so there were very few pull-tabs and very little clad, often days your silver count was equal to your wheatie count ?

Heck I'd run that 15" coil there, no idea how old your zoo is, but you might get some more barbers or break into a seated ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on a fantastic hunt!!!!  I've driven by a number of old street tear outs but unfortunately, too much traffic around and/or bad timing on my part. 

• Thanks 1

Incredible luck, incredible timing, Dan.

And of course -- an INCREDIBLE job done by you, digging that many good targets at substantial depth!

SUPER!

Steve

• Thanks 1

I probably could have recovered more the first day if it didn't take so long to chisel  through a layer of asphalt and compacted gravel before getting to the virgin soil. It was very time consuming, only concentrated on solid repeatable hits. Didn't have time to chase after the iffy signals or the energy either.