Wm 12 Module Taking A Very Long Time To Recharge

It is unusual for a WM 12 to take over 24 hours to recharge? That is what I have recently been seeing when I recharge it after being out for about 6 hours of detecting. Does that mean the batteries need replacing? If so, how is that done?

I will also take a look at the 7000 threads, but I don't remember seeing anything on this.

I just looked up WM 12 recharging problems on the 7000 forum thread and all I found was my own

topic from 2018 asking the same question. Pretty funny. 

Oddly China manages to send me batteries halfway across the planet from Shenzhen quicker than it takes UPS to send a package from Salt Lake City to Cheyenne, and for cheaper too! Not sure how that works out, but I get them in 2 to 3 days from HobbyKing and that includes passing through customs.

Hey Flak,

Just a quick note, not sure how old it is, but you might want to give Minelab a call and see if it's a warranty issue.  I haven't heard of many issues with the WM12 wireless remote system, but I'm sure there are some out there like yours.  

Rob Allison

5 hours ago, jasong said:

Oddly China manages to send me batteries halfway across the planet from Shenzhen quicker than it takes UPS to send a package from Salt Lake City to Cheyenne, and for cheaper too! Not sure how that works out, but I get them in 2 to 3 days from HobbyKing and that includes passing through customs.

jasong,

Are you sure they aren't already here in a warehouse in the San Gabriel Valley?

Mitchel

Thanks Rob, that's what I have done. The WM12 is still under warranty. I have dropped it in the mail and they will send a replacement for it as soon as they get it. Thank you Jamie at Minelab Americas.

And thank all of you here in Detector Prospector land.

• Like 3

Flak,

How many years is the module under warranty?

Jamie is good.  I met her in Arizona when she found her first nugget.

Mitchel