Wm 12 Module Taking A Very Long Time To Recharge

Just a quick follow-up (Thurs. evening). The replacement WM12 is already in the mail back to me from Minelab Americas. I overnighted it to them and they turned it around immediately. Pretty cool Minelab. 

• Like 3

Hey Flakmagnet,

Minelab Americas has been really good on getting warranty items back to the customers pretty quickly.  I remember years ago it would take 4-6 weeks to have something fixed and returned.  

Thanks Minelab for the great Tech Support. 

• Like 1

I've noticed that the module on my ctx (wm10) will still be blinking as if it's still charging after being on the charger overnight. I dont know if the wm12 module is doing the same but I'll check it out. Regardless the battery life in my wm10 seems to be just fine. I have never had the batteries die in either module and I wonder if this apparent lack of charging (constant blinking of the light) really means the battery is compromised. Has anyone out there had either the wm10 or wm12 modules battery die and need replacing? thinking of ordering another battery now as you got me nervous lol

Hi Strick,

I understand your nervousness. I am not willing to wind up after a 150 mile drive to the goldfields with a WM12 that might crap out on me. Didn't want to take a chance even though I know I can just go direct into the 7000 with my speakers or headphones. BTW I never had it run down during a detecting day and I usually go for 8 hours or so. So that's good, but still just not willing to let one of the few things I can control, have a problem.

Hope you're doing well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I hear you both my WM10 & 12 are on 4 plus years, tis a good life for rechargables. 

• Like 1

I received a new replacement WM12 from Minelab Americas at noon today (Apr. 16). It was fully charged in approximately six hours. Pretty nice customer service wouldn't you say? Thanks Minelab and Jamie.  

• Like 4