Long Time No Post

Skate

HOLY SMOKES, Skate!  That is an OUTSTANDING story!!!

How many coins were there?  What types?

WOW!!!  GREAT job finding those!

Steve

The pipe was approx 36 inches and the coins were placed in it in groups. The first 12 inches were all morgan silver dollars. Many were dated in the 1880's. The next 12 inches had walker and franklin halves and the top 12 inches were all barber, merc's and rosie dimes.

It was such a cool feeling to see the coins pouring out. Lot's of mixed emotions amongst us. For the gentleman's daughter(grandma) it was getting to reconnect with her dad again, to realize that even though he was gone and passed away he was still looking out for his child. The adult great grand kids were amazed that all those stories about grandpa turned out to be true and as for me, I got a chance to help return what was lost and possibly lost forever as the house and property is for sale. 

Finding someone's ring is great especially when they're thinking all is lost but this was another level of great.

IMG_1776.JPG

IMG_1781.JPG

• Like 9
  • Oh my! 1

Great story!  How deep was the pipe and what was its orientation?

The pipe was buried about 8 inches and I found the top part of it first length wise if that makes sense. There was so much trash in the ground and EMI to deal with so the Nox definitely helped discriminate. 

Skate,  Life throws us curveballs in many ways.  So glad to see you back with a Grand appearance and Find of a lifetime. Welcome back and try to stay around more often. 

Nice going Skate! I'm sure that made you feel good helping those folks and seeing those rare coins. Happy for them and happy for you. 

Thanks for all the kind words and thoughts. It was my best day detecting ever for sure. My problem now is going to be topping it. I know I'm going to go back to digging a single merc or rosie now. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1