Long Time No Post

Skate

49 minutes ago, Skate said:

I'm going to go back to digging a single merc or rosie now.

Poor you.  ?

Just an INCREDIBLE story, Skate!!!!!

Thanks for the additional details.  That's a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and I am real happy for you, and for that family!!

SO cool!

Steve

Hello Skate. I am pleased to make your acquaintance with this post. It's stories like yours that create genuine goodwill that this family will share for many years and will ripple to many people. Your actions benefit all of us. The detectorist community holds the bar high when it comes to respecting various rights and laws. You just raised it a bit higher yet. 

Curtis

• Like 1

Incredible MD experience for you and congrats to the family!!!

Great story Skate...hope you got to take home at least one of those coins....this find makes me wonder about how the target sounded/ID with the Equinox? and what it would have sounded/ID like if ole Gramps had buried it in ABS/PVC pipe? one of these days when I have more time on my hands to goof off I might try that experiment. 

strick

It came in at a solid 16 but only at the head of it. It was parallel to me and my swing because it was up against a retaining wall so I was only able to get the top of it as it had a larger end cap if that makes sense. Initially I was looking for a screaming high tone and after 10 beer cans and old cat tins dug I decided to look for anything solid. I have heard from others that PVC tubes are more common now.

As an ending to the story this was shared with me yesterday. My client had always been told by her dad that she couldn't sell the property until they had recovered the money. For 8 months the property had been for sale and no one had shown the slightest interest. I found the money around 4:30pm that day and literally within 20 minutes after she had received 2 offers for it. Call it coincidence if you will but we're believers so in hind sight we knew the one had to happen before the other one could.

• Like 2

awesome story, thanks for sharing!

Wow! What a Great story! Awesome finds and return. Especially thanks for the photos of all those beautiful coins. Banner!