That is impressive! Were they very deep?

• Like 1

Get the Equinox into the right site and it'll open her back up! 

Congrats on all the great finds!

• Like 1

I agree Gerry.

Field 2 mode deadly on the thin stuff like half dimes, small reales.  Minelab describes what each detect mode fancies.  They aren’t pulling anyone’s leg.

• Like 1

I agree.  My coin finds have increased now that I am using the Equinox. Found a 1909 barber quarter and 3 pennies Thursday at a site that normally doesn't gives up coins.  I have found the ID's are rock solid on coins and other round targets.  I am also finding targets at greater depth.

• Like 1

Congrats on those additional finds Gerry but what took you so long to go back there? 

• Like 1

On April 13, 2019 at 12:19 PM, Happa54 said:

Congrats on those additional finds Gerry but what took you so long to go back there? 

My guess is it's a long ways from home that little rectangular piece of dirt. 

I have not used the CTX much since the Nox came along. I have parks here in the Bay area that are hard to hunt with the Nox due to emi so for now the CTX stays but I've thought of unloading it at some point. 

strick

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 10:18 AM, NAGANT said:

That is impressive! Were they very deep?

No, each coin was 4" or less.

• Like 1

Congrats on the nice coin finds Gerry! Thank you for the pics.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By PG-Prospecting
      Finally go the video finished of comparing equinox 800 to the gold monster 1000 on in-situ targets in the field.  This is my no mean the comprehensive review as im sure the settings on the equinox could be tweaked more produce even better results.  But from what i saw on my ground they were vary evenly matched.  The gold monster seemed to pop a little harder on the targets, but the equinox still hit all the targets the gm1000 hit.  Since i detect mainly creeks the equinox has a leg up since its water proof and i dont have to worry about it getting wet or falling in the creek.  Hope you guys enjoy the video and ill take more footage as i work this little patch.  

• By Dan(NM)
      I was able to get back to my 1850's site early this morning for an all day hunt. First half of the day was slow, only a couple of trouser buttons, a percussion cap and some lead. The latter half of the day finally started to get a bit more exciting with 4 buttons, more percussion caps and some misc, pieces of flat brass debris and more lead.
      Running my Nox as follows.
      11" coil
      2-tones
      recovery 6
      iron bias 0
      tone break at -9 to +9
      sens 23
      Park 1

• By aygore
      Hello, 
      I've been using the machine for a couple of months now with some good results. 
      I've been mainly hunting in Park 2 and Field 2 modes, even though under certain conditions they produce  additional noise. 
      For now, I would not like to modify any of the factory presets in any mode.
      I've been staying away from park 1 because of the high iron bias setup as it can truly mask some good targets in trashy conditions. However, the detector is really quiet in Park 1 and if you have a signal, it is usually something decent. 
      Field 1 on the other hand has 2 tones and 0 iron bias. I've been wondering if anyone here has any experience using Field 1 in the field ? Is it still quiet, even though the iron bias is set to 0?
      Would be great if anyone could share an opinion on Field 1 mode. 

Regards, 
      Igor

• By midalake
      It started in July of 2018. Took my new Nox to Mexico and even though I did testing at home before leaving it was disappointing to find that my Black Widows would not work, nor my Sun Ray pro golds. I did do some detecting but the wave noise on my beach made it difficult to really get into the machine.
      Fast forward to January, armed with the correct connector to use my black widows I starting learning the Nox. First impression was, chatty, difficult to PP, and issues with moving water and black sand.  After the third time out I installed the update.  WHAT A FAIL! I had a new machine alright but it was working way worse. I consulted a few people with the machine and was told that the update may not always take.  I uninstalled and checked performance [seemed ok] Then put the up-date back on. What a difference! The machine seemed to perform better!
       Off to the report card! Saltwater Beach, Beach 2, GB auto.  
      Dry Sand- [N/A] The dry sand is not worth my time where I hunt.
      Wet sand grade: [A- ]: I found the machine to work the wet sand well [no water].  With light black sand I could work in 21-22 sensitivity. Very little false signals, worked recovery between 4-6, iron bias 2-3. Even though I did not make any great recoveries in this part of the beach by the end of the season I felt confident there was not much getting by me.
      Wave Trough [moving water] grade: [ F] This is where I really like to hunt. To put it bluntly the Nox is a complete failure in moving salt water.   It is like the moving salt water makes the machine blind to detect and see targets.
       The beach is rough where I hunt. At any point water could be over waist deep, then 50’ or more of wet sand to the water.  If I were to stay in the wave zone completely I would have to significantly de-tune the machine do to the moving water causing the machine to false. When the water would drain out and I would locate a target the next wave is right there. When the wave would come through, repeated sweeping where the target was produced no sound at all. When the wave pulled back, re-sweeping showed the target was present. This happened over and over for 100’s of targets. Another drawback:  It was clear there was two different set-ups needed. One for wet sand, another for moving water. If I had the machine set for moving water that meant every time the wave swept out I was WAY under matched for wet sand only. Mainly I found I had to run around  17-18 sensitivity and 5-6 on recovery.  
      Other issues comments.
      EMI grade[ F]  I have over ½ mile of the beach where I need to back off the sensitivity by 1-2 regardless of other conditions or controls.
      Pinpoint Mode grade [F]  The worst functioning I have ever used, Especially on a beach!
      All metal mode grade [A]  Or as I nick named it the “truth mode” Almost every jumpy target I had would lock in somewhere, once put in all metal mode.
      Recovery of targets grade [D] Well part of this grade is due to the pin-point mode, but make no mistake there are other issues, Even though I had the target out of the hole, many time the detector was still sounding off. Also it seems to be easy to bury targets or make them undetectable after missing them in the scooping process.
      Thanks for listening. Please do not tell me how it works on land, in fresh water, or gold mode [I don’t hunt land] This is my honest review. Sure I have a few more things to learn, but I doubt my grades would change much.
      Over-all grade C+

• By Dan(NM)
      I had another great day hunting for WW2 relics today. I went back to where I had done pretty good last week and wasn't disappointed. I didn't find any silver coins today, just 3 wheats, but, I did manage to unearth some rather cool finds. The large round item with the eagle on it is sterling silver along with the medallion and the 1st lieutenant bar. Also found the usual eagle and collar buttons along with some other relics. I haven't had a chance to see if I can track down the family yet, I'll start looking later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for looking.

Settings:
      Nox 800
      Recovery 6
      Iron Bias 0
      Ground balance 0
      2 Tones
      Sens 18
      Tone Break -9 to +17
      No Disc, only using tones to disc.
      6" coil