Cleaned Up Parking Lot Finds

Dan(NM)

Finally got everything cleaned up from this week's amazing hunt. Ended up putting in a little over 10 hours in three separate hunts. Unfortunately after the first 6 hour hunt that netted the most, by the time I could get there the following day they had already spread a layer of base coat over the vast majority of the lot. But I was able to pull a few more keepers out of the area that they had not covered up to that point. I may go back in a day or so and chase every iffy deep signal to see if there's anything left in that small area. Turned out to be one of my best hunts ever. I was able to double my silver count for the year which brought me to 38 silver coins year-to-date.

IMG_20190413_071329358_HDR.jpg

• Like 9

Hey Dan, do you know if Apple covers laptops damaged by drool?

Very nice job you did staying with your parking lot hunt. Like you said, "amazing."

11 minutes ago, Flowdog said:

Hey Dan, do you know if Apple covers laptops damaged by drool?

Very nice job you did staying with your parking lot hunt. Like you said, "amazing."

Your home owners insurance might ? Thank you!!

Those silver coins cleaned up nicely.  What did you do to accomplish that?  40 Wheaties is quite a week by itself.  Thanks for all your posts and of course we'd like to continue to see your finds.

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Those silver coins cleaned up nicely.  What did you do to accomplish that?  40 Wheaties is quite a week by itself.  Thanks for all your posts and of course we'd like to continue to see your finds.

Thank you GB.       ?I know I'm going to get beat up for this lol, but, I had to use a tumbler to get the crust off the coins. I've tried every other method I could think of, but, that crust is a tough nut to crack.

• Like 2

Dan --

Stupendous!

Great job on working your "right place at the right time" spot to produce that many great finds!

Steve

• Thanks 1

That’s an awesome haul!  No shame in tumbling them to me, those old tar soaked and gravel packed coins aren’t usually collector grade anyway so you might as well do whatever is necessary to have them looking good!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Noah (FL) said:

That’s an awesome haul!  No shame in tumbling them to me, those old tar soaked and gravel packed coins aren’t usually collector grade anyway so you might as well do whatever is necessary to have them looking good!

That's my thinking exactly, chances of a key date coin being in any condition worth anything, is slim to none under these conditions.