What Do You Think It Rang Up At?

Skate

I actually didn't re-check it because once she saw it in the scoop it was back on her finger! As I left it really struck me that if I had just been out hunting I probably would have passed it by figuring it was junk. Gotta dig them all.

• Like 1

Possibly the top being thin and hollow made it read low.  I’ve dug a few sterling hoop earrings that are hollow tubes and read around a nickel closed and lower with the pin open.  

In a spot where I am hoping to find jewelry I’ll dig those iffy foil signals all day.  Broken/smashed rings, tiny chains and stud earrings are generally indistinguishable from a tiny wad of foil.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fredmason said:

Rather odd that a big diamond would be set in a silver ring....

very kind of you to find it for her.

fred

I’ve never known anyone who is allergic to gold but it is an actual thing.  Apparently some folks get a rash or hives like symptoms from having gold in contact with their skin.  Thus you end up with diamonds set in silver sometimes 

• Like 2

Just now, Noah (FL) said:

I’ve never known anyone who is allergic to gold but it is an actual thing.  Apparently some folks get a rash or hives like symptoms from having gold in contact with their skin.  

Interesting. Apparently my wife is symptom free ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Ring doesn't look that beefy so it could read lower. Old silver cross I found is higher than 925 and rings lower than a quarter for some reason.

I go more by sound than what any vdi will say. Clean consistent sound is always worth digging. VDI is handy to tell you the ball park of something but the way square tabs and junk can cross over I would rather have a handful of tabs and a ring than nothing at all.