What Do You Think It Rang Up At?

Skate

I got a call early this morning to find a ring for a lady in Oxnard. Big diamond ring, silver is the metal, stamped .925.

By the way I found it haha. Obviously using the nox.

I'm curious what you think the Nox pegged it at.

IMG_1797.JPG

• Like 5

Probably would depend on orientation in the ground but I’ll guess 17-20.  I’ve seen similar thin silver bands with an ornate top ID in that tab to zinc range on other machines. 

Anyway, good job on the recovery.   I’ve considered joining the ring finders but as I travel for work it probably wouldn’t be worthwhile at this point. Just not home enough to justify the expense.  

• Like 2

19-20

AND -- SUPER job on yet ANOTHER return!!!

Steve

I am not familiar with "ring finders."  I belong to "lost my stuff," but not familiar with "ring finders."  Is that just a local group, or is it national?  I'd like to join...

Steve

1 hour ago, steveg said:

I am not familiar with "ring finders."  I belong to "lost my stuff," but not familiar with "ring finders."  Is that just a local group, or is it national?  I'd like to join...

Steve

Ringfinders is owned and run by Chris Turner. I've got nothing but good things to say about it and him. It's international, there are folks all over the world. PM if you'd like more details.

As for the ring and what it rang up as, a 2/3. The tone was solid but it consistently hit a 2, 3 and then settled on 2. It was in the sand and when it first sounded off I thought foil but I was going to dig no matter what but a 2?

I thought this would help some of you who pass over tones/signals because of the way they sound or more importantly because of the way they SHOULD sound. If this was just me hunting at the beach I'm thinking tin foil all the way and might pass it by. I have no idea why a silver ring would sound off as this one did. Crazy.

• Like 5

THANKS, Skate!  Appreciate the info.

And a 2/3 on that ring?  That makes NO sense to me!  A pull tab of similar shape/size would ring up much higher than that!

Steve

• Like 1

Probably obvious, but did you recheck the TID after you got it out of the ground/sand?

Assuming 'yes', my theory is that it is really platinum but the owner had it stamped '925' so the Ring Finder wouldn't be tempted to keep it.  ?

• Haha 2