Skate

What Do You Think It Rang Up At?

I actually didn't re-check it because once she saw it in the scoop it was back on her finger! As I left it really struck me that if I had just been out hunting I probably would have passed it by figuring it was junk. Gotta dig them all.

• Like 1

Nice recovery Skate.

Thanks for sharing.

Sounds like somethings rotten in Denmark...for such a big ring to read so low... 

strick

Possibly the top being thin and hollow made it read low.  I’ve dug a few sterling hoop earrings that are hollow tubes and read around a nickel closed and lower with the pin open.  

In a spot where I am hoping to find jewelry I’ll dig those iffy foil signals all day.  Broken/smashed rings, tiny chains and stud earrings are generally indistinguishable from a tiny wad of foil.  

• Like 1

Rather odd that a big diamond would be set in a silver ring....

very kind of you to find it for her.

fred

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, fredmason said:

Rather odd that a big diamond would be set in a silver ring....

very kind of you to find it for her.

fred

I’ve never known anyone who is allergic to gold but it is an actual thing.  Apparently some folks get a rash or hives like symptoms from having gold in contact with their skin.  Thus you end up with diamonds set in silver sometimes 

• Like 2

Just now, Noah (FL) said:

I’ve never known anyone who is allergic to gold but it is an actual thing.  Apparently some folks get a rash or hives like symptoms from having gold in contact with their skin.  

Interesting. Apparently my wife is symptom free 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Hilarious skate!

Ring doesn't look that beefy so it could read lower. Old silver cross I found is higher than 925 and rings lower than a quarter for some reason.

I go more by sound than what any vdi will say. Clean consistent sound is always worth digging. VDI is handy to tell you the ball park of something but the way square tabs and junk can cross over I would rather have a handful of tabs and a ring than nothing at all.

I'm thinking maybe the position of the ring when it was found was the reason for the lower signal.  You say she saw it in your scoop so I assume you found this in sand.  possibly the heavy end of the ring was facing down creating a smaller target.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Mike Hillis
      I was hoping to be posting Gold Kruzer finds but haven't gotten to use it yet due to a missing part saga that is dragging out into week 4.   So I took my trusty F75 LTD out this weekend and found this little white gold beauty.   A nice solid 18 TID number on the F75.  
      Resizing has clearly removed the K content.  I'll have to have it tested to find out.   Thought it was platinum at first but decided the stones dictate a white gold.
      Anyway....it made my day.  Maybe it will juice up yours too.
      HH
      Mike

• By Walter S. Fowler
      Got out again today with my Equinox 800. Did not find a lot of coins, but did pull 1942s wheat penny and 14k gold ring.  Stones in ring tested as diamonds at least according to my diamond tester. I used my usual Park 1,  with recovery speed lowered to 4.  Ring came in at solid 12 at about 5-6 inches.  Excellent day. 

• By Walter S. Fowler
      I was able to go out detecting with the Nox 800 for the first time this year several days ago.  The weather has been bad in Northern Nevada this year and I had minor knee surgery in early March. I didn't find a lot of coins , but did manage to find an unreadable date wheat penny, a tiny gold ring, and beautiful 17" necklace(unfortunately not gold.).  The gold ring measured in at .9 gram and was by far the smallest gold ring I have found in 16 years of detecting.  The Nox sniffed it out at about 6 inches down with a solid "9" .  The ring was so small it was even hard to locate with my pinpointer , but finally managed to capture it.  I was using my standard Park 1, recovery speed 5, iron bias 1, and sensitivity 18-20 based on conditions. 

• By Gerry in Idaho
      When you get a not so great high tone on the Equinox, but it is above most trash and reads below most coins...do you dig it?
      Well I did just that yesterday and pulled this little Bear (#18) from about 5". 
      Lets see your odd # dirty swinger find.

• By kac
      Found this in the mix of pull tabs last year with my Tejon. Neighbor that does antique dealing said it is from the 30's. I tried emailing the maker that is out of NY their mark is CID but they just ignored me or chucked my email in their spam box. Any idea what it might be worth? 
      Has 7 deep blue sapphires and 4 small diamonds approx. 1/4 karats ea. 

• By The Seeker
      These are some of my recent beach gold finds with the 800. I’m glad they are not fish or else I would have throw them back for being too small 😅 I’ve had the detector since April and really enjoy using it, so now my excalibur II just collects dust. Good luck out there and happy hunting.